• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How closely do Barry Faircloth, Paul Kennedy, NazT, ect monitor the boards?

slickdeac

Reaction score
I love all of these gentleman as men, and can only imagine how difficult this whole debacle has made their jobs/lives. Throughout this whole process, I've often wondered 1) where they stand and 2) how closely they read the boards. Even if they were BuzzOut they could obviously not speak up, but I wonder how they are affected by this and what they believe about Buzz.

Nothing earth shattering in this thread (what threads are these days?), but was wondering if anyone else thought about these guys and their unenviable positions

Let me tell you how my good friend NazT deals with theses stressful times, by eating his feelings and let me tell you he has a lot of feelings. He is so torn between what his masters tell him and what he really feels inside. He goes to work everyday with a duffel bag full of me and weeps at his desk while looking towards me for comfort. I can say that there is always a silver lining to every horrible situation and that is these trying times have only brought me closer to my dear friend.

I scan this forum approximately 48 times daily, twice per hour.

And just in case they DO read this thread:

Gents, on April 20th some of the most loyal, dedicated Wake fans will be tailgating for the spring game (at least I would say that's a pretty accurate assumption; probably a high % will be either Deacon club members, season ticket holders, alumni, supporters of WFU athletics in general, etc. ; i.e. not the casual fan). And while you may not get a pretty reception from everyone (though I think for the most part respectful and appreciated), I'd love to see members of the athletic dept., Deacon Club, even Hatch and BOT members, etc. workng the tailgate scene and just stopping by, thanking us for being there, and getting some feedback from the rank-and-file. I've had season tickets for over 20 years and been to a handful of spring games, and not once has a member of the WFU adminsitrative or athletic establishment stopped by to say hey or thanks. And granted those are busy days for you guys and we're not in the lot right by the stadium, but a few years ago we were in Raleigh for the NCSU/Wake game and damned if the director of the Wolfpack Club didn't stop by our tailgate and thank us for coming. He even discussed some Wake connections we had in common. So here's an invite to stop by our tailgate and feel free to have a brew and/or a chicken wing.

I'd love to see members of the athletic dept., Deacon Club, even Hatch and BOT members, etc. workng the tailgate scene and just stopping by, thanking us for being there, and getting some feedback from the rank-and-file. I've had season tickets for over 20 years and been to a handful of spring games, and not once has a member of the WFU adminsitrative or athletic establishment stopped by to say hey or thanks.

I see NazT and other DC folks out doing this quite often during the season. Noted, I'm not sure how "rank and file" it actually gets. It's certainly rank and file when they stop by our tailgate, but I suspect most of their time spent is with larger donors.

NazT has shown up to chat at almost every Grassy Knoll Tailgate in recent years.

Bairy Faircloth is a Grade A Egg. He is clueless.

I like Barry alot. The real question is, if we can somehow convince John Currie to leave K State, will he let his old pledge brother keep his job or send him packing with Ronnie W? Now, why Currie would leave K State (where his Athletic Dept raked in more money than any other school) for the shit hole Ronny keeps digging deeper is beyond me, but we can hope.

I like Barry alot. The real question is, if we can somehow convince John Currie to leave K State, will he let his old pledge brother keep his job or send him packing with Ronnie W? Now, why Currie would leave K State (where his Athletic Dept raked in more money than any other school) for the shit hole Ronny keeps digging deeper is beyond me, but we can hope.

Because he genuinely loves Wake?

Ever been to Manhattan, KS?

Ever been to Manhattan, KS?

Right, but as the AD at the top grossing school, he could pick almost anywhere with an opening I would think. Is Wake going to pay him over $1M bc it would take that I would think based on a little digging as to his current comp. Why would he not go back to Tenn? I get that he may very well love Wake, but he has a career to consider also.

Back