• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Crappy was the LSU/Bama game?

Remember Luck has a Top 10 pick playing OT for him and another 1st Round pick this year on the other side of the line.

No argument that LSU is a great defense. My argument is that both teams have unprecedented talent at every position on the field, but QB. Good QBs will score on great defenses. If either team had a good QB, they win by 10.

You were just arguing that the D wasn't that great. It is for college FB this year.

As for Stanford, they have only played one real team this year, USC. They gave up 38 points to USC. It will be interesting to see how they do against Oregon this week since it is a common opponent.

You were just arguing that the D wasn't that great. It is for college FB this year.

As for Stanford, they have only played one real team this year, USC. They gave up 38 points to USC. It will be interesting to see how they do against Oregon this week since it is a common opponent.

I was arguing that the D was not great enough to keep an offense with NFL playmakers from getting in the endzone. If Bama had a decent QB, they score a tuddie. WVA got 500 yards on them. I still think these are the best defenses in the country, sorry if I didn't clearly communicate that. Just both QB's are average at best.

I was arguing that the D was not great enough to keep an offense with NFL playmakers from getting in the endzone. If Bama had a decent QB, they score a tuddie. WVA got 500 yards on them. I still think these are the best defenses in the country, sorry if I didn't clearly communicate that. Just both QB's are average at best.

All true. But please keep in mind that LSU can score and is avg over 35 PPG. They get points off the run which opens up the pass. Bama stopped the run, so no points for LSU. But, they have hung high numbers on everyone else (save MSU) and done so on the road. Luck may be able to put it in the endzone, but T Rich is currently number two in Heisman race.

All true. But please keep in mind that LSU can score and is avg over 35 PPG. They get points off the run which opens up the pass. Bama stopped the run, so no points for LSU. But, they have hung high numbers on everyone else (save MSU) and done so on the road. Luck may be able to put it in the endzone, but T Rich is currently number two in Heisman race.

Not sure that he still is.

You said the D could not keep NFL playmakers out of the endzone. T Rich is certainly considered an NFL quality back and playmaker as a top Heisman candidate. And, he was #2 until LSU shut him down.

Agree with you. My point is with an average to good QB, LSU's defense doesn't have to stop a 1 dimensional offense. Both teams are fantastic except for the QB position where they are average at best. Not sure what we are arguing about.

Agree with you. My point is with an average to good QB, LSU's defense doesn't have to stop a 1 dimensional offense. Both teams are fantastic except for the QB position where they are average at best. Not sure what we are arguing about.

Ok. I just read playmaker, not QB. LSU QB is certainly the weak spot. You would think they could recruit one. I guess Shepard was number 1 qb recruit at one time.

So do both QBs at LSU and Alabama.

Stanford's OL is a whole different level than anyone else's this season that i've seen. It's a bi-product of the type of kid Harbaugh recruited and the type of coach he is. He's got the most physical OL in the NFL now and the team he coached this unit to the most physical in the NCAA. Alabama and LSU have excellent defenses but it's not like Luck and Co won't put up points on them.

Stanford's OL is a whole different level than anyone else's this season that i've seen. It's a bi-product of the type of kid Harbaugh recruited and the type of coach he is. He's got the most physical OL in the NFL now and the team he coached this unit to the most physical in the NCAA. Alabama and LSU have excellent defenses but it's not like Luck and Co won't put up points on them.

I will buy this argument post game Saturday and not before. Stanford has only beaten one legit team and it took 3 OTs.

Meh I enjoy dumping on McCarron but he's not really that bad for a sophomore. He'll be legit by the time he's a senior. And honestly I'm more excited about Philip Sims, the RS Fr who started the year in competition with McCarron. It will be nice to have a duel-threat QB for once.

Meh I enjoy dumping on McCarron but he's not really that bad for a sophomore. He'll be legit by the time he's a senior. And honestly I'm more excited about Philip Sims, the RS Fr who started the year in competition with McCarron. It will be nice to have a duel-threat QB for once.

It seems to me that Nick Saban QBs have a marginal development arc. They are essentially the same game manager as seniors that they are as freshmen with a little better decision making due to the experience.

It seems to me that Nick Saban QBs have a marginal development arc. They are essentially the same game manager as seniors that they are as freshmen with a little better decision making due to the experience.

I respectfully disagree. McElroy was a completely different QB his senior year. Sadly he wasn't as effective in the offense because the run game wasn't completely there. Well that and McElwain's play calling, he reminds me of freaking Lobo sometimes.

Back