• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Crappy was the LSU/Bama game?

ProudWFGrad

Reaction score
I was flipping back and forth all night, but seriously, with 3 solid weeks of ESPN pimping, this game was a huge flop.

I mean, like most Deacon fans, I love a good 9-6 result. But this was a 9-6 game because of miscues, turnovers, dropped passes, missed kicks, bad punts, and penalties.

Neither team looked like a championship contender.

Definitely not worth all the hype, ESPN.

Agree with you Proud. #1 vs #2 is worth the hype, but anyone who watched the game was disappointed. Hard to believe they are the best college teams

Agree with you Proud. #1 vs #2 is worth the hype, but anyone who watched the game was disappointed. Hard to believe they are the best college teams

Because they may not be.

Scenario that I'm rooting for:

1) UGA wins the SEC East
2) Either Stanford loses to Oregon or Ok St loses to OU
3) UGA beats LSU in the SEC Championship Game

Does an undefeated Boise State team with a win over the SEC champs get a chance to play Stanford/Ok State for the title?

LSU have easily proven themselves to be the #1 team and only a fool would argue that

Alabama hasn't proven themselves to be the #2 team in the country. Both teams have average QBs at best. There are some other undefeated teams in the country with much better QB play (but significantly inferior defense).

LSU's best win is against Oregon at this point. Stanford has a chance to beat that team too.

Assuming LSU wins out, the ball is in Stanford's court. Should they win out, you have to put them in the final game. I'd say if Stanford lost one, Oklahoma would've been the team to watch for until they lost their wideout. Looked to me like the Sooners had found themselves again and were rolling after the aberraton vs. TTech.

They would've beaten Okie State because the Cowboys have a lousy D. Now, Ok. State could actually beat the Sooners, something they rarely do. I'd like to see Stanford and Ok. State win out so that if it comes to three undefeated teams, all deserving, maybe we'll finally get a plus one playoff. Boise State going undefeated and getting left out would add to the chaos.

Last edited:
Part of me wants Boise to get a chance, but they would be the token success that saves the BCS.

Alabama hasn't proven themselves to be the #2 team in the country. Both teams have average QBs at best. There are some other undefeated teams in the country with much better QB play (but significantly inferior defense).

LSU's best win is against Oregon at this point. Stanford has a chance to beat that team too.

Under Saban Bama doesn't need an elite QB. His job is just to manage the game and hand it off to RBs. You don't expect him to win the game for you, you expect him not to lose it.

Scenario that I'm rooting for:

1) UGA wins the SEC East
2) Either Stanford loses to Oregon or Ok St loses to OU
3) UGA beats LSU in the SEC Championship Game

Does an undefeated Boise State team with a win over the SEC champs get a chance to play Stanford/Ok State for the title?

I think Oregon will beat Stanford and OU will beat OK State

but LSU won't lose to Georgia

Leaving undefeated LSU as #1, Boise State as #2 in the human polls... but with Oklahoma, Alabama, and Oregon nipping at their heels in the computer pools (likely passing them in some).

I'd be disgusted if Alabama got a 2nd chance after the lost AT HOME in absolutely dismal fashion. They were pathetic in front of 100k on their home field. No way I want to watch that BS again. Maybe it won't shake out like this. If Georgia somehow won the SEC Championship that'd be the only way Boise couldn't be denied a shot. Imagine the media trying to rationalize why Boise beating the SEC champs doesn't warrant them a shot. I'm sure they'd come up with a way.

LSU has played a very tough schedule and won convincingly in each game but at bama. Give me a break. LSU and, for that matter, bama would roll any other team and maybe the colts, fins, etc. Just because they play defense does not mean it was not a good game. I mean, they have been averaging like 35 a game up until last night.

I felt the game was so overhyped that I wasn't surprised that it didn't "live up" to the expectations.

Add me to the list that hopes Boise is given a chance.

LSU has played a very tough schedule and won convincingly in each game but at bama. Give me a break. LSU and, for that matter, bama would roll any other team and maybe the colts, fins, etc. Just because they play defense does not mean it was not a good game. I mean, they have been averaging like 35 a game up until last night.

How many times has LSU held a team to 6 points? Those offenses are better than Bama's by your logic.

I really hope anybody but Boise State makes the game unless they are the only undefeated. It sucks that they will benefit from a team they don't even play losing their best player.

Other teams benefit all the time when another team loses their best player. It might suck but that's the reality of sports.

For what it's worth, Boise most likely won't make the game or be given a chance.

Insanity. No college team, especially these two ,could ever beat an NFL team.

Either LSU or Bama would absolutely destroy Okie St, Oregon, or Boise.

I think a healthy Stanford or Oklahoma could give either of them a good game.

I'd like to see a national championship game between Andrew Luck and the LSU defense. And I'd love to see a Sugar Bowl between Bama and Boise.

If LSU loses before the bowls, it'll be to Arkansas, not UGA. LSU will crush UGA in the SECCG

Back