• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Crappy was the LSU/Bama game?

LSU has played a very tough schedule and won convincingly in each game but at bama. Give me a break. LSU and, for that matter, bama would roll any other team and maybe the colts, fins, etc. Just because they play defense does not mean it was not a good game. I mean, they have been averaging like 35 a game up until last night.

I'm assuming this is a joke.

Boise & Stanford better get a chance at the title after that shit game. Coaching was awful. The casual fan doesn't need OMG SEC RULZ promos for the rest of the season.

If yo ucan't score a TD at home (including OT), you don't deserve to be in the Top 5 much less in the NC game.

As much as I hate both teams, the game was a bit of an aberration...game was very poorly played, but both teams are solid. That said, I still believe OU is the beat team in the country.

LSU has played a very tough schedule and won convincingly in each game but at bama. Give me a break. LSU and, for that matter, bama would roll any other team and maybe the colts, fins, etc. Just because they play defense does not mean it was not a good game. I mean, they have been averaging like 35 a game up until last night.

Please delete this stupidity right now. You any NFL team would beat any College team by as many as they wanted.

If you have no QB and no PK, you don't deserve to play for the NC. AL should be eliminated after last night PERIOD.

I thought it was a great game. It was a defensive slugfest. I don't know the numbers for sure, but my guess is that out of the 22 defensive starters 15 of them will play on Sunday (don't know the numbers for sure, but I have seen projections that list a ton of LSU and Alabama defenders).

I thought it before the game, and I still think it - these are the two best teams in the country. They are physically dominant and disciplined on defense. Any other team would have completely worn down, given up field position, or just given up by the 4th quarter. Alabama doesn't deserve another shot if there is another undefeated team (including Boise), but if LSU is the only undefeated team left at the end of the regular season, then my choice would be to give it a rematch.

But like I said if Boise, OSU, or Stanford make it out of their conference play undefeated then they deserve a shot at the title. Alabama had their chance.

Obv, it was a joke that LSU could beat an NFL team. It is just stupid to say the game sucked because of the score. LSU would beat ND by fifty and that was the comparison of a good game by the OP. Just a stupid thread really if you have paid a lick of attention to the season at all. LSU hung like seven TDs on Oregon. They can score, as can bama. It was a great battle.

Either LSU or Bama would absolutely destroy Okie St, Oregon, or Boise.

statements like yours are purely opinion.

which is exactly why there should be a playoff system, not some BS BCS which leaves everyone second guessing.

After the NCAA tournament you don't have many people saying XXXXX team would absolutely destroy XXXX, YYYYY, and ZZZZ teams...

LOL WUT?

Obv, it was a joke that LSU could beat an NFL team. It is just stupid to say the game sucked because of the score. LSU would beat ND by fifty and that was the comparison of a good game by the OP. Just a stupid thread really if you have paid a lick of attention to the season at all. LSU hung like seven TDs on Oregon. They can score, as can bama. It was a great battle.

Congrats DSD! I hope they win it all. As one of the more obnoxious Tide fans on this site, let me say I agree completely with rjk that Alabama doesn't deserve shit after their performance last night and I hope they get to play Boise St. in a bowl so they can shut them the fuck up once and for all. Roll Tide!

Congrats DSD! I hope they win it all. As one of the more obnoxious Tide fans on this site, let me say I agree completely with rjk that Alabama doesn't deserve shit after their performance last night and I hope they get to play Boise St. in a bowl so they can shut them the fuck up once and for all. Roll Tide!

No... I want Boise in the national championship game. Let Alabama play Houston!

When does the AP Poll come out (I ask every week). I'll be interested to see how the 10 first place that were sitting with Alabama get allocated. I'd expect all 10 to go to LSU but you never know. Not sure how someone from that group could make the switch to Okie State after last week. I just hope they all dropped Bama below Okie State, Stanford, and Boise.

I just find it interesting that anytime an SEC team has a good qb, they win the league. SEC offenses are just i-form power plays all day, with QBs just throwing the deep ball to keep safeties out of the box. QBs in SEC really are just game managers. Also find it interesting that Florida was the only team to not run pro form, and they did very well. I just want to see a spread offense like Oklahoma, Boise St. or OK St. play an SEC team. I do think Luck would throw for 200+ yards on LSU or Alabama. I like defensive games, and am used to seeing them, but last night was a lot of offensive mistakes as well. That Alabama TE has to come down with that pass at the GL. Cost them the game as well.

I don't think you really have to score a bunch to have a great game but I really think it depends on the brand name on the helmet. How many people liked watching our win over Ga Tech in the ACCCG in '06 that were not Wake Ga Tech fans? Put Bama/LSU on those helmets and people would have proclaimed it the best game in years. Just sayin. I wouldn't want to watch a field goal fest unless it was my team involved. I know both squads play great defense and LSU is just a great team and I think they def. deserve to be in the title game. That's just my opinion.

I honestly think we'll end up with LSU / Stanford. Okie St. has the most explosive offensive in the universe, but they just seem shaky and their schedule still has plenty of landmines (including of course, Bedlam). Stanford really only has a home game vs. Oregon standing in its way from an undefeated regular season. Boise St. won't ever have the support of the polls to sneak in.

Oh, and last night's game was still highly entertaining, warts and all. Tons of NFL-caliber talent on both sides, particularly on defense. That's why I'd agree that LSU or Bama would safely and comfortably beat either Okie St. or Stanford; just too much size, speed, and depth on defense for either of those two rosters.

The low score had nothing to do with the fact that the game sucked. It was due to Alabama's ridiculous field goal attempts from 45+, their insistence to throw the ball, LSU juggling QBs, weird punting decisions...

I rather see some combo of Stanford, Okie State, Oklahoma and maybe even Boise in the championship.

Last edited:
It was a pretty boring game to me, but the athletes out there made our game look like a high school game. I think Stanford could give LSU a great game in the National Championship. Those QBs last night were abysmal. Would love to see Luck against that LSU D.

The low score had nothing to do with the fact that the game sucked. It was due to Alabama's ridiculous field goal attempts from 45+, their insistence to throw the ball, LSU juggling QBs, weird punting decisions...

I rather see some combo of Stanford, Okie State, Oklahoma and maybe even Boise in the championship.

What for? The second place championship?

How could anyone think OU is the best team? The got run all over at home versus a team that hasn't been competitive since that game.

Back