• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How does this play with the Tar Heel faithful

mebanedeac

Reaction score
Michael DeCourcy ‏@tsnmike 8m

OK, so now we have our answer on why PJ Hairston isn't cleared: Carolina hasn't asked for it. NCAA can only rule on those cases it receives.

from Twitter

another interesting tweet:

Jeff Gravley ‏@jgravleyWRAL 17m

#NCAA report on McDonald mentions nothing about mouthguards. Just luxury cars, payment of parking tickets, cell phone and lodging.

Last edited:
So UNC doesn't want their dirty laundry aired out in the press during the season?

More importantly, how does this play with Hairston and McDonald?

Hairston will be reinstated minutes before our game with them....he will then proceed to drop 40 on us.

More importantly, how does this play with Hairston and McDonald?

Hairston, in particular, is losing a ton of money by not being able to showcase his game against Louisville and UK, in front of basically every NBA team. I wonder if Roy will rent him a house in a nice neighborhood to repay him for falling on UNC's sword.

I heard a month ago from two different people....and sources on each coast.....that Hairston would never play again. Looks like it.

So you can receive impermissible benefits and as long as fats or some other booster funnels repayment through the player to some charity, all is good.

More proof Dick Vitale is an idiot. He keeps chastising the NCAA over Hairston and reality is he's so dirty UNC won't even file an appeal with the NCAA. It hasn't even made it to their desk. Way to talk about shit you don't know anything about Dickie V.

InsideCarolina ‏@InsideCarolina 1m

BREAKING: UNC will not seek reinstatement for PJ Hairston

Is that intended to mean they won't ever seek reinstatement and he will just go to the league? Perhaps now my UNC friends can stop bemoaning the extreme injustice of the NCAA.

Is that intended to mean they won't ever seek reinstatement and he will just go to the league? Perhaps now my UNC friends can stop bemoaning the extreme injustice of the NCAA.

Well as far as the PJ thing is concerned they can definitely stop it. UNC didn't even want to bring the NCAA in, that's how dumb PJ was. The real question is why didn't they kick him off the team?

So UNC basically strung him along all semester, likely to keep him an academic good standing for his likely immediate withdrawal from school?

It almost seems like the NCAA is just anxiously drooling on themselves to reinstate him. They're as effectual as fighting off a rhino with a mound of wet toilet paper anyway.

Well as far as the PJ thing is concerned they can definitely stop it. UNC didn't even want to bring the NCAA in, that's how dumb PJ was. The real question is why didn't they kick him off the team?

Probably because Roy was fighting tooth and nail to get him back. I have a feeling that they're hyper-sensitive to potential bad PR now and that the new UNC chancellor is cut from far different cloth than UNC fanboy Thorp was.

So, basically PackPride had such an affect on UNC - that UNC didn't want another 200 page document floating around in the media for them to devour. This might be the first time, a message board has directly affected a rival program.

So UNC basically strung him along all semester, likely to keep him an academic good standing for his likely immediate withdrawal from school?

Potential new roommate for Will Graves in one of Roy's rented houses.

McDonald must pay restitution of $1,783 to a charity of his choice after the school and the NCAA concluded he accepted "the use of luxury cars, payment of parking tickets, a cellphone and lodging" during the spring and summer of 2013. The total must be paid in full before North Carolina's regular-season finale March 8 at Duke.

I don't understand how McDonald gets reinstated. Lack of speeding tickets and less generally stupid actions allows for repayment and eligibility? What's the $$ amount where you don't reinstated? The NCAA continues to be a complete and utter joke. Meanwhile, last week, they went after Southeastern Louisiana's football program...

McDonald must pay restitution of $1,783 to a charity of his choice after the school and the NCAA concluded he accepted "the use of luxury cars, payment of parking tickets, a cellphone and lodging" during the spring and summer of 2013. The total must be paid in full before North Carolina's regular-season finale March 8 at Duke.

I don't understand how McDonald gets reinstated. Lack of speeding tickets and less generally stupid actions allows for repayment and eligibility? What's the $$ amount where you don't reinstated? The NCAA continues to be a complete and utter joke. Meanwhile, last week, they went after Southeastern Louisiana's football program...

I think it means UNC found out that Hairston was totally batshit crazy dirty, and he made McDonald seem like a saint. UNC's worst nightmare would be for the Hairston details to get out, and for Pack Pride and Dan Kane to go digging into his garbage.

Didn't most people think that McDonald's issues with the NCAA were related to the custom mouth guard company that used his image in their advertising and gave him free samples? Maybe I wasn't paying attention earlier, but I was surprised to hear about the list of extra bennies that McDonald had received.

Back