• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Children Is it Appropriate For a Couple to Birth ?

How many children should a couple have?

• 5 Children (Five - Seven): Mormon. Stocking the BYU football team.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8+ Children (Eight Plus): Reality TV Drama Queen/Idiot.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
How many children is really appropriate ? It's not a "however many I feel like because it's my body !" Oh no, your breeding takes a toll on our planet. This place is bursting at the seams and adding more mouths to feed places increasing strain on NC State grads who grow all of our food everywhere. However, we need enough new kids to keep our institutions functional and to pay into the Social Security system and change our bedpans.

As conditions on this planet worsen, does having more offspring make you feel good about yourself when you realize that your great grandkids are going to be making iPhones for the Chinese or going to war over water rights as they get sunburned in 20 minutes of exposure to the midday sun ?

So I ask, how many kids is appropriate.

0 (Zero): Fuck this planet ! This place is a shithole and I can't imagine bringing a child into this world under these conditions. Too much pain and agony. Sorry mom, you fucked up bad enough with me ! No grandkids for you ! Besides that, I can't afford it. Well, I guess I could afford it, but I'm much more interested in going on great vacations and retiring at age 50. Also, I don't want that vagina getting all stretched out.

1 (One): Same as above, but I just can't bring myself to not leave my mark on the world by mixing genes with my spouse. Maybe you've done this already and the results were enough to make you stop having children immediately. Of course your kid will be horribly adjusted and self-centered (just like you), but will benefit from the joy of all your intense parenting because he/she gets all of your attention. At least you're doing your bit to keep the local population from exploding and your kid will get all your money when you die and not have to share. The wife's vagina may be stretched, but could recover.

2 (Two): My spouse and I are replacing ourselves in this planet without adding to the strain on it's resources. Of course this sounds like a perfect compromise if you ignore the fact that others are breeding like cockroaches. It's always good to have one other kid to play the other's emotions off of -- the whole "mom always liked you best" dynamic. If one kid winds up hating you (or croaks), you still have a fallback position and hopefully someone who will line up someone to wipe your ass in old age. All that baby shit you bought gets used more than once, assuming you don't wait six years between pregnancies. You'll need a bigger house than options 1 and 2. If you have twins, you're done all at once.

3 (Three): I've always wanted three children? Why ? Because I'm selfish and wish to deplete the world's resources. Also, if one dies, I'll still have two. Third child may be an accident. Another possibility: you're part of some Nazi breeding program and you think that your genes are somehow special and the world needs more of them (trust me, it doesn't). This could be useful though if we wind up in a war with a bigger, better organized, breeding program. You know what they say about the middle child and now you've forced them to live with it for their whole lives due to your own selfishness. Maybe you had twins with one of the pregnancies, which gives you somewhat of a pass.

4 (Four): I'm Catholic. I probably would have used a condom or had multiple abortions, but I don't want to go to hell. We tried the rhythm method and pulling out, but the results demand that my spouse and I both drive Suburbans and two kids share a room. At least parochial schools are good in my city, even though the kids are at risk there. The wife's vagina is inexorably stretched. Hopefully with this number of kids, one or two will turn out okay. At least one of them should be a priest or a nun to prevent excessive breeding.

5 - 7 (Five - Seven): I'm Mormon. No one understands me, but I have to populate the planet with white people, as well as my own galaxy. I don't care about this planet. Period. I've got a more universal view.

8+ (Eight plus): I want to be on a reality TV show. I am a useless human being.

Doofus/Numbers: parental regret, childhood sterilization. Eugenics is bad, but sometimes . . .

Last edited:
Voted for two. The plan now might be to birth one and adopt another though because I'm #ProLife

When you adopt someone else's kid though, aren't you just encouraging them to have more ?

When you adopt someone else's kid though, aren't you just encouraging them to have more ?

Like a handout. I get it. Nothing deters folks from having children irresponsibly than watching your offspring starve.

Like a handout. I get it. Nothing deters folks from having children irresponsibly than watching your offspring starve.

Exactly. If you're a biscuit maker and you' make biscuits and people keep eating them, what do you do ? Well of course you make more biscuits ! But if you keep making biscuits and no one eats them, what do you do then ? Obviously you stop making biscuits.

Everyone loves biscuits though.

That's why you keep making them!

Gotta feed that machine and keep the economic growth rate at a healthy 3%.

how else is a nation to replenish the boys at the front if not by birthing as many lads as possible?

do your duty, people

I don't care how many kids other people have, if they can support them and parent them decently. But if I ever have kids, I'd want exactly two.

I don't care how many kids other people have, if they can support them and parent them decently. But if I ever have kids, I'd want exactly two.

Every child born requires a share of finite resources.

As many as necessary to keep those Facebook feeds filled with daily children activities for years and years to come

I'm teetering between 0-1. Anymore just seems selfish.

0 is always the right answer. Everyone I know with kids just seem so miserable all the time. They always end really depressing statements about their lives with "hey, but I love them to death and wouldn't do it any different". I always just give them that curious look like, hey man I realize you not lying to me but yourself right now.

The happiest married couples that I know are the ones with no kids.

Last edited:
Back