• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Children Is it Appropriate For a Couple to Birth ?

How many children should a couple have?

• 5 Children (Five - Seven): Mormon. Stocking the BYU football team.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8+ Children (Eight Plus): Reality TV Drama Queen/Idiot.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
of all the decisions related to the fate of humanity that humans make with their actions, having an extra kid or two is the least selfish

80cb46d8a292c6d67de01e77d8380e57.jpg

There is no set amount that is appropriate, which implies it would be inappropriate to have more or fewer.
I personally think it's weird when married people, who are capable, decide not to have children and I think it's crazy (but not necessarily inappropriate) to have more than 4. I have one and am down for one more, but unless the second pregnancy is twins we'll be done with two.

I have two. But, I am divorced and remarried and my second wife does not want to have kids (Thank the lord!) so I am ahead of the game on the ZPG or less strategy.

It's strange to me how unanimous the decision to have children is. I know VERY few people over the age of 50 that were capable of having children that did not. Even fewer when you consider married couples that chose not to have kids. As a 30 year old, I still find the idea of not having children quite appealing. I also feel like choosing to not have children may be more popular in future generations.

With that said, 2 is what I answered.

Last edited:
There is no set amount that is appropriate, which implies it would be inappropriate to have more or fewer.
I personally think it's weird when married people, who are capable, decide not to have children and I think it's crazy (but not necessarily inappropriate) to have more than 4. I have one and am down for one more, but unless the second pregnancy is twins we'll be done with two.

So if I had asked the question "How many children is it normal/sane to birth ?" you'd like the poll better, but "inappropriate" doesn't work for you ?

have 3.
My wife was 31 and I was 34 at marriage. None were planned. We consider each a blessing.
All in college now.

It's strange to me how unanimous the decision to have children is. I know VERY few people over the age of 50 that were capable of having children that did not. Even fewer when you consider married couples that chose not to have have kids. As a 30 year old, I still find the idea of not having children quite appealing. I also feel like choosing to not have children may be more popular in future generations.

With that said, 2 is what I answered.

Evolution

0 is always the right answer. Everyone I know with kids just seem so miserable all the time. They always end really depressing statements about their lives with "hey, but I love them to death and wouldn't do it any different". I always just give them that curious look like, hey man I realize you not lying to me but yourself right now.

The happiest married couples that I know are the ones with no kids.

This is why we're frands.

Back