• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many hours do you work each week?

How many hours do you work per week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HeltonCreek

Well dang!
Reaction score
I don't think we have many current college students posting on the boards so most of us are probably working, looking for work, or in grad school. How many hours do you work per week (average)?

number of hours i'm actually physically at work (not including in the gym): 45-50
number of hours i'm legitimately working: maybe 30

i said 45-50 because of REI, but that will change to just 40-45 after Labor Day.
oh- and hours legitimately working? probably 30.

I'm a drug-dealing gynecologist so I enjoy work but the overtime is when I really get happy.

Yeah, I should have clarified that as how many hours you are in the building. I'm rocking right about 40 hours each week. Very rarely do I go above 45 (like one or two weeks a year).

Yeah, I should have clarified that as how many hours you are in the building. I'm rocking right about 40 hours each week. Very rarely do I go above 45 (like one or two weeks a year).

gotta love the government for that! it is highly encouraged not to stay too much beyond 40 hrs.

Important distinction. I TW Mondays and Fridays and have every other Monday off. So I'm only physically in my office three days a week. And that's about to change to two.

oh FAK I didn't count weekends, which would put me in the 60-70 crowd

College students should also know to subtract 5 from the average poll to find the true average. Everyone in my field at least loves overestimating the time they work.

Ooh sorry, I thought this was the "vote how many hours you wish you worked but don't actually" poll .

College students should also know to subtract 5 from the average poll to find the true average. Everyone in my field at least loves overestimating the time they work.

Accountants are fucking disgusting about this. I don't even like hanging around them during busy season because they complain about having it so hard.

37.5 hour official work week, FTW! And they really encourage people to stick close to that. Most of the senior level people dont work much more than that regularly.

60-70 hour range here...45-55 Civilian, the rest is work for my National Guard unit.

Really depends week to week, but average is 40-45. Some weeks it's closer to 30, others 60+. But contrary to popular opinion, clergy really do work more than Sunday mornings, and it's not just sermon writing and hospital visits.

old job was 50-55
new job is 40-45 until i get more responsibilities in a few weeks

45 per at the primary job with ~ 5 hrs a week of take home for that, and then 5 hrs teaching at the community center per week (unpaid).

I prob average 35 physical hours at work each week. Actually hours working: closer to 10-15

55-60 during the school year.....some weeks more & others less. When I was in Kansas City grading AP exams, I worked 12 hrs days all 10 days. Now that summer is here, it's time to recharge the batteries.

Really depends week to week, but average is 40-45. Some weeks it's closer to 30, others 60+. But contrary to popular opinion, clergy really do work more than Sunday mornings, and it's not just sermon writing and hospital visits.

yep, I usually average about 50 hours of scheduled/office time a week, plus in reality being on call 24/7

Back