• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many hours do you work each week?

How many hours do you work per week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Govt consulting, we were only allowed to work 40 hours a week, and 8 of those on Friday were telework.
New job, they strive for the 40 hour work week, but I guess I'll know the truth starting next week.

Really depends week to week, but average is 40-45. Some weeks it's closer to 30, others 60+. But contrary to popular opinion, clergy really do work more than Sunday mornings, and it's not just sermon writing and hospital visits.

I hear you. My time fluctuates wildly depending on the week of the year. I run the gamut from 30-70 hours. I would place my average at 50 during the school year.

Similarly, contrary to popular opinion, I do work during the summer.

Speaking from anecdotal evidence, most people who claim to work 70+ count door to door travel from home to office, count 0 breaks during the day, and round up to the nearest 10 hour increment. Bankers seem to be particularly guilty of this. I had a friend claiming he worked 110 hours per week for a few months. :bullshit:

Speaking from anecdotal evidence, most people who claim to work 70+ count door to door travel from home to office, count 0 breaks during the day, and round up to the nearest 10 hour increment. Bankers seem to be particularly guilty of this. I had a friend claiming he worked 110 hours per week for a few months. :bullshit:

Do i Know you you are talking about? I think I do..

Time IN office for me is between 8:30 am to around 7:30pm (but I can leave early/WFH in the evenings if I want to)

Teaching and coaching. Summer time I'm at school almost everyday, but its only about 20-30 hrs/week. During the school year it's closer to 45-50 on average.

Now that intern year is over, 55-60 is probably average unless I'm on call that week.

if this was an analyst you are talking about and it was a time when the markets were actually moving, i wouldnt be surprised if his claim was close to true. IB shops work their analysts to the bone because they know they are only going to get 2 good years out of them.

From 2001 to 2004, I would get to the office around 7:45am and leave at 9pm M-F and 9am-12pm on Saturdays. I do not miss that. These days, it's pretty much 8-5:30, with almost no weekends.

I did this once. I really don't recommend it. I was burned out for years afterwards.

Back