• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many more school shootings before the NRA allows common sense?

Yep. Responsible gun owners and good guys with guns should support these laws. That way, they’ll have fewer irresponsible gun owners and bad guys with guns to worry about.

If you really cared about people's lives then you should be for far stricter traffic laws right?

I’d be very happy if guns were treated like cars. Each one must be registered and carry insurance. Owner’s are liable for their misuse. Owners must pay an annual tag tax on each. Notarized title update required for transfer of ownership. And the average citizen does not need an Indy car and they are not street legal. Let’s treat assault weapons like Indy cars. They are legal only in the hands of professionals, the military and law enforcement.

My problem with republicans saying it’s a mental health issue is that they also do nothing to address it.

Ok great it’s a mental health issue, so fix the fucking problem.

Because it's not. And they know that. They are masters at deflecting the issue and changing the narrative.

There is a mental health issue in this country. But it has very little relation to the gun issue.

Good posts, Shorty and Lilburn.

the guns treated like cars discussion has come up a lot after shootings, but there are more than a few posters who object on the basis that you shouldn't have to pay for a right guaranteed by the Constitution. and since driving isn't mentioned in there, it's not comparable, they say.

the guns treated like cars discussion has come up a lot after shootings, but there are more than a few posters who object on the basis that you shouldn't have to pay for a right guaranteed by the Constitution. and since driving isn't mentioned in there, it's not comparable, they say.

Don’t you pay for the gun?

look, I totally agree with you, I'm just saying that's been an argument in the past.

Yet many states make you pay for an ID to vote.

a 7-year old just shot themselves at a school in Ohio. shouldn't count for the school shooting stats.

It better not or the never again movement is already over (we all knew it would happen again)

a 7-year old just shot themselves at a school in Ohio. shouldn't count for the school shooting stats.

7th grader. I would hate for anybody to ignore the problem because the facts were wrong.

Lol, no fucking way a shotgun would be deadlier in these situations. Maybe a high capacity semi auto tactical shotgun could be comparable, but that is still a big stretch and shouldn’t be legal anyways.

Then you clearly don't understand firearms dude and its useless to even try to debate you

Then you clearly don't understand firearms dude and its useless to even try to debate you

Well, I certainly don't understand why anyone would need a weapon that is capable of taking that many lives that quickly.

Most of these killers spend a ton of time reading about and thinking about their weapons. If shotguns were better, we’d see them used. They’re a lot cheaper and more accessible.

Also, if shotguns were so much better, don’t you think the US military would be using them more?

The military does use them in the right situation, close combat situations a shotgun is better than a rifle. For greater than 100 yrds away then you get to the area where the rifle is superior to a shotgun.

You your self said earlier that for home defense a shotgun is better no? Whats the average range for that? maybe 10-15 yrds at max? Whats the average distance for school hallways? Classrooms?

Back