• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many more school shootings before the NRA allows common sense?

Is that the reason? I always assumed it was the evoke thoughts of the 2nd Amendment.

Oh I don’t know the real reason, just figured that must be part of it.

Either way it’s sort of a gun nut identifier for me - if you use the term firearm I pretty much know where you’re gonna stand on gun control issues.

He has already said no and that it wasn't fair to them.

people like that are so selfish. people are dying by guns left and right, but gun nuts aren't willing to budge a single millimeter because some paragraph written hundreds of years ago is what they believe gives them carte blanche.

people like that are so selfish. people are dying by guns left and right, but gun nuts aren't willing to budge a single millimeter because some paragraph written hundreds of years ago is what they believe gives them carte blanche.

yes but my toys

Can we own grenades or RPGs? I don’t see where the second amendment says I can’t purchase a personal surface to air missle system. Nothing says home defense like a bazooka in your face.

For target practice only I mean. I have targets shaped like afghan villages or hippie communes that my AR-15 can’t effectively handle.

Does anyone here actually know anyone who has successfully defended their home from invasion because they had a gun? I mean, actually drew their gun on a person in order to protect their home or family. I grew up in a VERY rural town, and as far as I know, it never actually happened.

Also, if you think people are hesitant to become teachers because of horrible pay and working conditions, just let them know that they may be required to put a kid down in some cases and see how that helps the number of applications. It's really difficult to imagine a dumber solution than giving 65 year old Mrs. Foster who teaches State History a hand cannon and asking her to blow someone away.

Last edited:
Does anyone here actually know anyone who has successfully defended their home from invasion because they had a gun? I mean, actually drew their gun on a person in order to protect their home or family. I grew up in a VERY rural town, and as far as I know, it never actually happened.

and how do those who have their guns safely locked away use them for home defense? ask intruders to wait patiently?

My ex boss pulled his concealed when he was in a wreck on a narcotics delivery route 2 years ago. The wreck was at three in the morning (around Star, NC I believe) and his courier car flipped on its side and the totes ejected from the car. The 3 guys in the other car all ended up having warrants out for their arrests and fled the scene after questioning him about the tote contents, in which he drew his weapon.

I grew up in Davidson county and know of people firing warning shots at people trying to break into their house, but not actually shooting anyone if that is your real question.

My ex boss pulled his concealed when he was in a wreck on a narcotics delivery route 2 years ago. The wreck was at three in the morning (around Star, NC I believe) and his courier car flipped on its side and the totes ejected from the car. The 3 guys in the other car all ended up having warrants out for their arrests and fled the scene after questioning him about the tote contents, in which he drew his weapon.

I grew up in Davidson county and know of people firing warning shots at people trying to break into their house, but not actually shooting anyone if that is your real question.

So they went outside their homes and shot at someone ?

and how do those who have their guns safely locked away use them for home defense? ask intruders to wait patiently?

There's many other ways to safely store a loaded firearm without it physically being in a safe, especially if you don't have kids in the house. That makes it even easier.

No, I'm actually just interested to hear how some of these interactions go down. That one seems particularly crazy.

No, I'm actually just interested to hear how some of these interactions go down. That one seems particularly crazy.

Indeed, not really your everyday case, just the only one I can think of off the top of my head regarding someone I actually know.

You should be able to retrieve a handgun and unlock a trigger lock within 15 seconds of waking up.

Many of these safes are just small lock boxes kept very close to the bed, fingerprint access or 4-5 digit code.

I have little kids who don’t stay in their rooms. I wouldn’t want to fire a shot at anyone during a home invasion unless I know they’re behind me. And probably not even then because I don’t want to start a firefight that could cause a stray bullet to hit a kid. Seems like the best way to keep everyone safe is to not escalate a run of the mill robbery into a life or death fight.

You should be able to retrieve a handgun and unlock a trigger lock within 15 seconds of waking up.

I can't even piss straight 15 seconds after waking up. How do you expect me to be able to effectively kill someone in that state?

I have little kids who don’t stay in their rooms. I wouldn’t want to fire a shot at anyone during a home invasion unless I know they’re behind me. And probably not even then because I don’t want to start a firefight that could cause a stray bullet to hit a kid. Seems like the best way to keep everyone safe is to not escalate a run of the mill robbery into a life or death fight.

I guess just kindly allow them to take everything they want without waking the kids and don't forget to ask about their mothers health on the way out. Different strokes for different folks

A home invasion is not a run of the mill robbery.

Back