• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many more school shootings before the NRA allows common sense?

is he? because that kind of 'warning' is typically just used to redirect a conversation into minutiae. the same as huffing about the gun being an Sig 556 vs an AR

I have no interest in redirecting arguments. I am interested in understanding facts to make reasoned points. Exaggerations of facts benefit no one and usually end up hurting one's cause.

we're already off the topic at hand because now we have to explain to gun nuts that just because kids aren't shooting up 10-20 people at a time, death of children, let alone adults are happening every day.

That’s not my point.

Let me make sure I understand the two posts of yours I referred to as absurd. You believe that an entire group of people, identifiable by their political affiliation, does not care about human life, except those of their own family members. Is that correct?

I wasn’t aware that “politicians only care about themselves” was so controversial.

Again, where is your evidence? These are the most powerful people in our country. Why do you think Republican politicians care as much about children killed in school shootings as much as corporations paying high tax rates?

Just answer the question. These are the people you vote for.

I wasn’t aware that “politicians only care about themselves” was so controversial.

Again, where is your evidence? These are the most powerful people in our country. Why do you think Republican politicians care as much about children killed in school shootings as much as corporations paying high tax rates?

Just answer the question. These are the people you vote for.

Why do you think Clinton took money from the NRA?

because she's a shitbag politician

what does that have to do with anything?

That’s not my point.

Let me make sure I understand the two posts of yours I referred to as absurd. You believe that an entire group of people, identifiable by their political affiliation, does not care about human life, except those of their own family members. Is that correct?

they also care about fetuses

we're already off the topic at hand because now we have to explain to gun nuts that just because kids aren't shooting up 10-20 people at a time, death of children, let alone adults are happening every day.

Lol, dude just said lets not use bullshit stats so the argument against guns is stronger. You guys can't take any opinion outside of 100% inline circle jerk group think mentality.

because she's a shitbag politician

what does that have to do with anything?

You guys rail against republicans like they are the end all be all of evil gun bangers, while the democrats you vote for are in the NRAs pocket as well.

You guys rail against republicans like they are the end all be all of evil gun bangers, while the democrats you vote for are in the NRAs pocket as well.

shall we pull a list of NRA contributions again?

i'll fast forward, here's the list of the 2016 cycle of contributions to House Democrats receiving money from the NRA. There are zero in the senate:

Bishop, Sanford (D-GA) - $3,500
Cuellar, Henry (D-TX) - $3,000
Peterson, Collin (D-MN) -$2,000
Walz, Tim (D-MN) - $2,000
Duckworth, Tammy (D-IL) -$50

Got a list? You named one Democrat who hasn’t run for office in 22 years. There are a few, sure. But not nearly as many as there are Republicans.

Do me a favor and answer my question. Why do you think Republicans care about kids who die in school shootings as much as corporations paying high tax rates?

Hey guys look another but and what argument to get off track, if you accept NRA money as a politician Ph is saying you are a certain percentage complicit in what happens same goes for those voters.

Lol, dude just said lets not use bullshit stats so the argument against guns is stronger. You guys can't take any opinion outside of 100% inline circle jerk group think mentality.

kids killing and dying because they have access to guns is bad. somehow that's a lame stance

Why do you think Clinton took money from the NRA?
Just stop it.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...DB531FD9B2441C74DA4&gwt=pay&assetType=opinion

Of the top congress career recipients of NRA donations, the first Democrat is #41.

Of the top 100 House recipients, only 5 are Dems. The Senate is even more one sided. This is difinitively and inarguably a 1 party issue.

But what about those 5 huh, both the same, plus stats wrong you aren’t counting secret dark money, you don’t know, so there.

catamount, you said you were "pro gun control" earlier in the thread.

what steps do you think we should take to reduce gun violence?

it's more important that we correctly categorize mass murder sprees where the shooter kills himself, where they don't kill themselves, and when they kill themselves but fail to kill anyone, and when they fail to kill anyone and surrender without suicide

Back