• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many of our remaining road games will we win?

How many of our remaining road games will we win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RollWave35

#KeepPounding
Reaction score
We have 7 left...

Clemson
Virginia Tech
Duke
State
Maryland
UNC
Miami

Duke, State, and Maryland are all on Tuesday so we might as well forfeit those. Clemson, UNC, and Miami are on Saturday, which probably makes them our best bets. You have to think we'll stumble our way into at least one win, right? Maybe? Bueller?

I think we beat Virginia Tech and we can beat State since we have a full week to prepare. Miami is another one we could win.

[Redacted] catches fire his last year and gets 2. VaTech is horrific terrible and another team lays an egg one night and we steal another.

If we win 2 Wellman will say that shows signs of progress and extend Bzz. I just wonder if 1 win will be considered "Historically competitive."

VaTech, the only team in this mess worse than us. No chance against the rest.

The expected win probability based on KP is 2.07 for the remaining road games (4.27 for remaining home games). Since [Redacted] has vastly underachieved on the road, I will bump that down to one win and I guess I'll take VPI as the win since they we have the best chance against them (53%). The next closest to VPI is State at 38%.

If we go 1-6 in the seven remaining road games, [Redacted] will be 2-32 on the road through four years in conference games :sick:

I know [Redacted] has a great record at home after a week off (amazingly).... but what is that number on the road after a week off?

If we win 2 Wellman will say that shows signs of progress and extend Bzz. I just wonder if 1 win will be considered "Historically competitive."

That's what I'm afraid of, we'll somehow get 2 road ACC wins and Wellman can proclaim progress and Jeff needs another year.

Who would have thought he would have been back this year?

It's difficult to fire consecutive coaches after just three years each. I believe a change will be made after this season. Clearly the "resignation" of Grobe showed he isn't afraid to make these decisions and by all accounts he has found an outstanding replacement in Clawson. I expect a young and promising head coach come March/April.

Not when those 3 seasons were 3 seasons of [Redacted]. It was more difficult to justify retaining him than it would have been to can his ass.

Back