• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many regular season wins for 2014-15 Wake Forest basketball?

How many regular season wins for 2014-15 Wake Forest basketball?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I honestly couldn't remember a single game from last year. I did not pay attention to CBB at all really.

Thus my guess was probably too low. But I'll stick with it.

I honestly couldn't remember a single game from last year. I did not pay attention to CBB at all really.

Thus my guess was probably too low. But I'll stick with it.

I think a lot of people are in that same boat. There's no way we can win 14 games and be a better team than last year. I really like Manning so I'm not going to get too spun up over the results in his first year, but honestly if Codi and Devin stay healthy and the players have a solid system and are well coached, the team should improve over last year. With the slightly tougher schedule maybe that would be 18 wins, but anything under the 15 mark would be pretty poor in my opinion. Seems like that would mean we beat the cupcakes, pulled off zero legit upsets, and held serve at home against the bottom of the ACC and tacked on a couple bad road wins. When Codi wasn't hurt last year we played some very solid games, even when Travis didn't show up.

UNC Asheville Win
at Tulane Win
at Arkansas Loss
Iona Win
Nicholls State Win
Mount St Mary's Win
Delaware State Win
Minnesota Win
at NC State Loss
Samford Win
at Florida Loss
Bucknell Win
at Richmond Win
Princeton Win
Louisville Loss
Duke Loss
Georgia Tech Win
at Syracuse Loss
North Carolina Win
at Clemson Win
at Florida St Loss
Virginia Tech Win
NC State Win
at Georgia Tech Win
Miami (FL) Win
at Virginia Loss
at Notre Dame Win
Virginia Win
Pittsburgh Loss
at Duke Loss
at Boston College Win

This guy may even be dumber than #s

I think a lot of people are in that same boat. There's no way we can win 14 games and be a better team than last year. I really like Manning so I'm not going to get too spun up over the results in his first year, but honestly if Codi and Devin stay healthy and the players have a solid system and are well coached, the team should improve over last year. With the slightly tougher schedule maybe that would be 18 wins, but anything under the 15 mark would be pretty poor in my opinion. Seems like that would mean we beat the cupcakes, pulled off zero legit upsets, and held serve at home against the bottom of the ACC and tacked on a couple bad road wins. When Codi wasn't hurt last year we played some very solid games, even when Travis didn't show up.

You really overvalue Devin and Codi. I'd be pretty thrilled with 14 wins, let alone 15, based on what I've seen thus far and the utterly decrepit state of our roster. We remain not very good at basketball.

Yeah, we are pretty bad. Worse than I expected. The performance of the 5 returners, in aggregate, have regressed from last year. I tossed some numbers in excel week at work and it looks like the 5 Juniors (CMM, DT, Tree, MJ, Andre) are producing at a 91 Efficiency clip this year. And that isn't even schedule adjusted and we have played a lot of cupcakes.

So yeah, it probably will be ugly next year too. The '15 recruiting class is really good - but not good enough to lift the program on their backs as freshman.

Yeah, we are pretty bad. Worse than I expected. The performance of the 5 returners, in aggregate, have regressed from last year. I tossed some numbers in excel week at work and it looks like the 5 Juniors (CMM, DT, Tree, MJ, Andre) are producing at a 91 Efficiency clip this year. And that isn't even schedule adjusted and we have played a lot of cupcakes.

So yeah, it probably will be ugly next year too. The '15 recruiting class is really good - but not good enough to lift the program on their backs as freshman.

Roger sends :)

We are not very good at basketball and some of that stems from the 'mental toughness' aspect, IMO...

Win today and 1 win closer to my brilliant 17-18 wins prediciton. #MANNehNG

one more chance for a win for the Deacs.

edit- Thanks to BKF for pointing out this was a "regular season win total" poll. I said at least 2 chances including the ACC tourney.

Last edited:
88Deac, 94Deac, Ayo, BBDeac, bigdeac2013, bobknightfan, booradley, Chill4three, deac29, deacfan2, DeacHawk, DeacsOrDie, DemonDeacon92, dgl, DieselDeac, fayettedeac, For Deac's Sake, Fore Right, Fultonsmith12345, GardenStateDeac, GSOWakeFan, jking12, newtondeac3, NorDeac, RattlerDeac, rodgriffin32, Satan, Section2mankini, siler, silk, Stan Gable, THEWAKESHADOW, TownieDeac, WakeFanatic, wfucory99, wfudkn, Why the Deac Not

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Presumptive much? We could easily win two more games

88Deac, 94Deac, Ayo, BBDeac, bigdeac2013, bobknightfan, booradley, Chill4three, deac29, deacfan2, DeacHawk, DeacsOrDie, DemonDeacon92, dgl, DieselDeac, fayettedeac, For Deac's Sake, Fore Right, Fultonsmith12345, GardenStateDeac, GSOWakeFan, jking12, newtondeac3, NorDeac, RattlerDeac, rodgriffin32, Satan, Section2mankini, siler, silk, Stan Gable, THEWAKESHADOW, TownieDeac, WakeFanatic, wfucory99, wfudkn, Why the Deac Not

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Wish I could be proud.

Back