• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many regular season wins for Wake Forest Basketball ('23-24)?

How many regular season wins for Wake Forest Basketball?

• Total voters

DeacsATS

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
Reaction score
Wanted to wait until we knew about the Reid waiver, but the season is about a week away... No time like the present!

Nov 6 Elon
Nov 10 @ Georgia

Charleston, SC
Nov 16 Utah
Nov 17 Towson/Houston
Nov 19 TBD

Nov 24 Charleston Southern
Nov 29 Florida
Dec 6 Rutgers
Dec 9 New Jersey Institute of Technology
Dec 18 Delaware State
Dec 21 Presbyterian College
Dec 30 Virginia Tech
Jan 2 @ Boston College
Jan 6 Miami
Jan 9 @ Florida State
Jan 13 Virginia
Jan 16 @ NC State
Jan 20 Louisville
Jan 22 @ North Carolina
Jan 31 @ Pitt
Feb 3 Syracuse
Feb 6 @ Georgia Tech
Feb 10 NC State
Feb 12 @ Duke
Feb 17 @ Virginia
Feb 20 Pittsburgh
Feb 24 Duke
Feb 27 @ Notre Dame
Mar 2 @ Virginia Tech
Mar 5 Georgia Tech
Mar 9 Clemson

31 games... How many wins?

For some reason, I hadn't realized that after the game at Georgia and then the 3 in Charleston, we don't play on the road until early in 2024.

That's a nice stretch of 7 (winnable) home games in a row.

I went 9-2 non-conference and 12-8 in the ACC to get to 21 wins.

With Reid, I think that number could be higher. Without him, 21 might be a little too optimistic... But I'm sticking with it.

For reference, KenPom has us at 16-13, and that only counts one game in Charleston.

I do think his baseline/pre-season formulas are likely more off than they used to be with the constant revolving doors that every team has.

FWIW, KP has us at 16-13 (9-11)... But that omits 2 games in Charleston (because we don't know the opponent).

So the baseline/expectation is probably 17 or 18 wins.

I suspect we are good but I am assuming Damari returns in decent form. 21 wins.

I went 20. 8-3 non conference, 12-8 conference
Cam served notice he will be a PROBLEM for opponents. Sallis looks like he want to follow Manman and Appleby as transfers who blossom at Wake.

Pretty clear that I screwed up the choices in this poll.

I remember years where you couldn't go low enough... Times have changed.

I said 17 but I’m a natural pessimist and I just don’t think God will let us have Reid this season.

I said 17 but I’m a natural pessimist and I just don’t think God will let us have Reid this season.
I don't think so either with respect to Reid.

But Sallis and Cam will take this team to a lot of victories.

Everybody was "the sky is falling" when a guy from Georgetown put up 46 in a scrimmage while Forbes was trying some stuff. In the exhibition game, Cam with 38, Sallis with 27, Carr forgetting to play first half and Wake looks good over a top team.

I think 20 in the regular season, but I also don't think that gets us a sniff at the tournament with our OOC schedule (without an ACC Tournament run) so I’m hoping for more.

Tough call with roster uncertainty…I go 20.

Rose colored glasses and all…

Back