• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many regular season wins for Wake Forest Basketball ('23-24)?

How many regular season wins for Wake Forest Basketball?

• Total voters
Thinkin about that big boy from NC State last year and I don’t know that we’ve solved that issue if Reid’s waiver doesn’t clear, which I assume it won’t because WF can’t have nice things. Injury to Jao and Damari having to ramp up mid season both not ideal. Add on coach’s wife having an unfortunate health issue this summer and this team has had a lot to deal with. A lot riding on Boopie and Sallis being guys for us to get to 20+. I’m gonna take 17.

Having been at the game, I’m going to put more of my prediction on what we looked like in the second half than what we looked like in the first. I think that’s more indicative of who are/what we will look like when at full strength. Cam and Sallis will be monsters, Carr looked really good when he asserted himself, Marsh was serviceable, Parker and Marion will give great spot minutes. What will Boopie and Canka bring? I think our tourney hopes really hinge on the OOC games that will be played without Monsanto (@UGA, Utah, potentially Houston and potentially LSU/ST Johns/Dayton, Florida, Rutgers) so the impact of those two is the great unknown. If Reid doesn’t get his waiver I’ll say 21, if he does, 24.

This is a largely optimistic crew.

Last year, the meat of the expectations were around 18-20 wins (including the ACC Tourney)... The correct answer was 19. So that's pretty good.

In 21-22, the expectations were for 17-19 wins (including the ACC Tourney)... The correct answer was 23.

No thread in 20-21.

Manning's last year (19-20), most everyone was at a very low number and he exceeded expectations (about 90% were at 13 wins or less) with 13-18 finish. Go Danny!

Worth noting that I screwed up the thread and didn't include the ACC Tourney... So apples and oranges.

Back