• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How old are you and do you like soccer?

How old are you and do you enjoy soccer?

• Yes, and I am between 18-30 years old

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • No, and I am between 18-30 years old

Votes: 41 15.9%
  • Yes, and I am between 31-45 years old

Votes: 63 24.4%
  • No, and I am between 31-45 years old

Votes: 34 13.2%
  • Yes, and I am between 46-60 years old

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • No, and I am between 46-60 years old

Votes: 14 5.4%
  • Yes, and I am over 60 years old

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • No, and I am over 60 years old

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters

GreenDeac

Reaction score
Many people point to soccer as growing as more youth in America play soccer and are exposed to it in general. I am wondering if the small and limited sample size of our board would agree with the theory that more younger people have an interest in soccer and as a result, the game will continue to grow in America.

Are younger posters as a whole more interested in soccer or is it pretty even across the board without much correlation to age?

Many people point to soccer as growing as more youth in America play soccer and are exposed to it in general. I am wondering if the small and limited sample size of our board would agree with the theory that more younger people have an interest in soccer and as a result, the game will continue to grow in America.

Are younger posters as a whole more interested in soccer or is it pretty even across the board without much correlation to age?

Younger than RJK

Yes

Soccer will always be the sport of the future.

23 and obsessed with it. I started following the game rigorously when I was 17/18 and have hardly looked back. Slowly I've lost interest in other sports.

Used to be a huge MLB, College Football, College Basketball, NBA, NFL fan as a kid. I haven't watched an entire NFL game in a few years, including Super Bowls (probably due to drinking though for that last part). Never watch MLB anymore. Follow college sports intermittently and really only focus on Wake. Still like the NBA, but don't follow it as much as in the past.

21. Would trade pretty much anything for the USA winning a World Cup. Love soccer

27 - wouldn't say its my absolute favorite, but I'm a pretty big fan.

edited to say that I generally don't care how the U.S. does in sporting competitions, but I'm fairly diehard about the USMNT

Soccer will always be the sport of the future.

I've been on these boards and the other ones for a combined 7-8 years and this is absolutely, postively the first time i have agreed with lower case k keeper.

27 (in 17 days)

Like it, but only when it is significant to my life; a la World Cup* or intramurals (B League champs '07)

*For example - I missed work to watch the US play. I don't know if that's a pride thing or soccer thing. Either way, I enjoyed watching soccer more than I ever have.

I'm 23. I played soccer when I was younger, but not in middle school or high school or anything.

I enjoy watching the US national team in between World Cups and I attended my first US match a few months ago and really enjoyed it.

I love watching the US team in the World Cup and I schedule work, life, etc. around US matches.

Haven't been able to get into European soccer or MLS much, but that might change in the future.

I'm 23. I played soccer when I was younger, but not in middle school or high school or anything.

I enjoy watching the US national team in between World Cups and I attended my first US match a few months ago and really enjoyed it.

I love watching the US team in the World Cup and I schedule work, life, etc. around US matches.

Haven't been able to get into European soccer or MLS much, but that might change in the future.

Hop on the USMNT thread!

I'm 51. Didn't even know soccer existed growing up in rural NC. Then my 4 kids started playing soccer and started advancing through the levels. My daughter just made all conference and all regional and was named MVP of her HS team. Over the years I not only came to understand and appreciate the game but now prefer it and will watch just about any game on TV.

40 something. Love soccer more than I do other sports, but love football and basketball a lot as well. Can't understand the hate for the game and attribute much of it to the fact that Americans generally don't like things at which they are inferior, and the fact that it's largely a European game - and European, to many Americans, is akin to being from another planet.

Attended Cosmos games as a kid. Went to the World Cup in 1994. Going to England (I hope) next summer. It's the only game on the planet in which you can measure yourself, your team, and your country, quite literally against the rest of the world. Suck it, futbol haters. :D

Started playing soccer when I was 6-7 yrs old. Love it.

Back