• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How old are you and do you like soccer?

How old are you and do you enjoy soccer?

• Yes, and I am between 18-30 years old

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • No, and I am between 18-30 years old

Votes: 41 15.9%
  • Yes, and I am between 31-45 years old

Votes: 63 24.4%
  • No, and I am between 31-45 years old

Votes: 34 13.2%
  • Yes, and I am between 46-60 years old

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • No, and I am between 46-60 years old

Votes: 14 5.4%
  • Yes, and I am over 60 years old

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • No, and I am over 60 years old

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
If you primarily see MLS game I can definitely understand why you don't like soccer. Well, I can understand why anyone wouldn't like soccer the same way I just don't particularly care for baseball, golf and hockey, but I think if you are interested in trying to get into soccer you should watch an English, Spanish, Italian, or German match

Serie A may not be the best for people new to the game. So much more is focused on tactics there than just raw speed of play.

I had fun playing soccer through middle school, love watching the World Cup and schedule those games into my days, and at other times will flip on a random game if I'm aware of it and have nothing else to do/watch, but I don't go out of my way to watch it and don't have "a team" among the Euro leagues, which I don't even really understand.

I'm 26 and chose that I enjoy soccer, but it's certainly not an obsession like some here.

Lets just say I love soccer like I love dongs in my butt.

I don't.

This one was tough for me. I like the sport. I enjoy watching Wake play and follow that pretty well, but I don't follow any professional leagues whatsoever. When I was living in England I followed some just because it was all around, but haven't followed it since. I own two jerseys from a big time football club but only because my company gave them to me free because our name is on the front.

I voted I like it but I wish there had been a neutral to like option because that is more my style. I'm under 30.

I can't argue with that! Plus they have you-know-who in Serie A

Hamsik_Napoli_01_ap300x200.jpg

Keep trying, bullets. You'll come up with a funny joke about how you don't like soccer soon enough. Perseverance!

He's pulling a classic shit pickup basketball player who always chucks up shots no matter how many he misses and calls himself Kobe move

27 and like soccer but don't care enough to follow it, same with hockey

True, but you have to listen to those horrible Italian announcers for 2 hours.

Yeah god those guys are terrible. I would honestly rather listen to Alexi Lalas and John Harkes call a game. At least they're sometimes unintentionally funny, like Doc Walker

35 and I don't like soccer. I don't hate it or anything, I would just much rather watch NFL, CFB, or CBB.

Keep trying, bullets. You'll come up with a funny joke about how you don't like soccer soon enough. Perseverance!

That first quote isnt even by me. Thats by some other joker. I fucking love the metric system. So precise. Just like Melo's jump shot and ARod's bat.

Dude I would rather watch Margaret Thatcher take a dump on Tony Blair's face than watch soccer.

That first quote isnt even by me. Thats by some other joker. I fucking love the metric system. So precise. Just like Melo's jump shot and ARod's bat.

Dude I would rather watch Margaret Thatcher take a dump on Tony Blair's face than watch soccer.

So, it isn't... I'm stupid.

And switch the two former PMs and I might just agree with you.

Interesting results in the poll so far, supporting the idea that soccer is generally more well liked by younger generations.

Younger generation among the middle to upper class Wake Forest fans on this board. That's really all that your data supports. Most of my friends who are of the "younger generation" hate soccer including me.

I didn't post those, but they're pretty funny.

Soccer is ok but not as big as many of the soccer nuts on the board think it is

How does an American pick a euro team? Can I just pick one? Which one is the best?

Back