• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How old is too old to wear a sports jersey?

How old is "too old" to wear a sports jersey?

• Total voters
nothing more WT than an nfl jersey. i'll never forget the classy neck, in the club section no less, for heckling 18 yo me for wearing a bucs shirt or jersey to a panthers game. dude straight up was trying to fight for me rocking the opposing team's colors. classy bunch, those panthers fans.
You got off easy by NFL standards. Wear a division rival's stuff into an NFC East location and you would've been a lot worse off.

I see no problem wearing a jersey to an event: an actual game, game-watching, tailgate, etc.

I see no reason why any adult would wear a jersey in any other situation.

I personally think its kinda weird once you're the age of the actual athletes. I'm a grown ass man, I don't need to be wearing the jersey of another dude my age just because he's good at sports.

But you in LA boi. Where your Kobe jersey at? Represent buckets.

PS, I won't even bother posting my opinion. Everyone knows what i would say anyway.

Depends on the use - if you are going to a game? Fine. If you are going to a bar to watch the game? Fine. If it is gameday? Fine. If it is comical? Fine.

Honestly, do whatever - during football season I wear a Bears jersey every sunday. I also wear Cubs logo'd clothes on the weekends, I only have one Cubs jersey and usually only wear it to games. Also, I fall into the 30+ bracket.

Yeah this. Do whatever makes you happy, doofus.

Never unless you play on the team or you are the parent of someone playing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

just scooped this. finna wear it to the park/beach all the time:

$T2eC16d,!)sE9swm,vL1BQ-dvmZ-Hw~~60_12.JPG

Did you buy it two sizes too small so you can hang with the rest of the hoopsters?

Never too old to wear a baseball jersey anywhere in my opinion. Baseball jerseys look the most like regular clothing. Basketball, past 25 or so, you start to look utterly ridiculous rocking a basketball jersey with a wifebeater underneath. Same goes with football. And hockey, meh, I'm down with seeing old guys wearing hockey sweaters.

I saw this thread and knew Doofus had started it before I even saw it.

I wear practice jersey type stuff to play pick up in, I wear jerseys and stuff every now and then while watching the game.

I wear jerseys to games or to bars sometimes if I head to one to watch a game. I never wear them separate from a sporting event which they are associated with.

I said 20. I think children can get away with it in that its less weird when they idolize athletes. For a voting/drinking age man? Never. College aged dudes can get away with a lax penny though.

Back