• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How the CIA's fake vaccine campaign to catch Bin Laden endangers us all

all this comes down, in the end, to arrogance. People believe they can meddle in the lives of millions to further some narrow national interest, and are arrogant enough to believe they can contain the consequences. I am of the opinion that a very large dose of humility is in order when one is considering whether to covertly topple a government or give fake vaccines to poor children. Unfortunately I don't think people who make it into these decision-making roles have much in the way of humility.

i mean, governments have been meddling in the affairs of others on the behalf of its citizens since forever. Not sure that's going to stop.

Oh, I am confident it will not. Just expressing a wish that those who are in charge of the meddling would be a little less confident in their ability to predict the future, or a little more concerned about the collateral damage.

Oh, I am confident it will not. Just expressing a wish that those who are in charge of the meddling would be a little less confident in their ability to predict the future, or a little more concerned about the collateral damage.

I wonder to what extent wars, and in particular, "the bomb" gave rise to the moral/ontological narrative that a few/several/even many innocent lives lost as collateral damage is ok in the face of larger security. To be specific, you can follow an ethical/moral path from Hiroshima to drones. The ends justify the means, as dmcheat suggested.

How's this then:

Its amazing that people who rely on foreigners to give them basic vaccines haven't been darwined out of the equation already.

vi3azn.png

Back