• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How the Mormons Make Money

Funny you should mention that. My brother-in-law is a professional photographer, as is his wife. They met while attending the Rhode Island School of Photography in Providence, and ran a studio in Massachusetts for several years. He did some moonlighting for Kodak on the side and eventually took a regional manager job in Portland, Or. After Kodak pretty much went down to digital photography, he took a job with a Morman family-owned business out of Salt Lake City that set up photography studios in malls around the country, specializing in child photography. I think the company was called "Kiddie Kandids", or something like that. (Not exactly sure about the spelling.) I think that Steve Young was an investor in that company, too. My brother-in-law headed up a team that went around the country to oversee setting up the new franchise studios at all of these malls. Anyway, they eventually ran into financial problems, with the economy, I guess, and my brother-in-law no longer works with them. (And they didn't follow thru with some commitments they made to him also, but that's another story.) Anyway, he used to talk to me about how the Mormons...those in that company, at least...conducted themselves. He said they were very secretive, loyal to their religion and "clickish", or "cult-like", you might say. He also said they were the biggest bunch of hypocrites that he had ever dealt with in his life.

fascinating

Reactions: Go
Back