• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How the SEC cheats

NIL $$ ought to go into a pool for the TEAM that said player is part of. Shooting guard can't make shots without rebounds, good assists and a glue guy here and there. QB or receivers can't connect without O Line or TE blocks or the RB option. The matador block can lower your image's value. Tennis and golf different of course.

NIL $$ ought to go into a pool for the TEAM that said player is part of. Shooting guard can't make shots without rebounds, good assists and a glue guy here and there. QB or receivers can't connect without O Line or TE blocks or the RB option. The matador block can lower your image's value. Tennis and golf different of course.

Ahhhh the you didn’t build that argument.

Commies gonna commie. Pay the kids market value and quit being evil.

Would you work for that? We can let your employer know that you're happy with a dorm room (or small apartment), cafeteria food, and tuition for yourself or appointed loved one. :p

I'm obv joking above, but markets cannot be constrained - they just go underground. One of the excuses given is "we can't afford it." Well, stop overpaying coaches, overbuying gyms and equipment, cut administrative bloat, and access the denied revenue streams, and yeah, you can afford it.

Speaking of administrative bloat, what additional or reallocated resources will be required to keep up with market rates for and payments to all of these athletes? Or do you pay a consulting firm?

Was the annual cost $77K a year in the dark ages? Median household income in NC is $54K. I suppose that's 8 hours a day M-F, 50 weeks a year.

Also fine with players making money off their likeness or whatever. Fine with a stipend from the university. But they are compensated pretty well for their efforts and some of them (although not many of our basketball players recently) end up with a nice degree for their future, too.

Wake was 3750 a year, UNC at that time was 800-900 a year. Wake was topped by both Davidson and Dook at 5000 a year. Wake was still considered pricey then. Not sure what medium income was then but I would venture 6000 to 7000 a year.

Wake was 3750 a year, UNC at that time was 800-900 a year. Wake was topped by both Davidson and Dook at 5000 a year. Wake was still considered pricey then. Not sure what medium income was then but I would venture 6000 to 7000 a year.

In 1975, median household income was $11,800. In 1970 it was $9870.

The big deal is that back in the day, college cost for a year was a fraction of a year's median income. Today, a year at college is more than a single years median family income.

How does the SEC cheat?

A. Better than Most.
B. Very Well, Thank You.
C. All Day, Every Day.
D. Like There is Money Involved.
E. All of the Above.

Back