• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How to react upon seeing another Deacon in the wild.

DeaconWalker

Reaction score
On my way to work this past week I'm walking along the street and I see a guy in a WF tee and I figured it wouldn't be unreasonable that I should be able to say "Go Deacs!" to that person and expect a "Go Deacs!" in return. Instead what I got was a look of bewilderment followed by a look of disdain as if I was some sort of idiot.

So now I have to ask this question to the rest of you Deacon fans. If someone walked past you on the street and said "Go Deacs!" to you how would you react?

"Go Deacs" is the proper greeting.

Maybe he was a WFU walmart fan !!

I don't always give a "Go Deacs", but every time I have it's been reciprocated

"WAAAAAAAR EAGLE!" is my usual response to any greeting on the street these days.

Always "Go Deacs!" Sure as fuck don't say "Greetings, fellow Wake Forester!" Because a "Wake Forester" is not a god damn thing!

I say "go deacs" every time I see someone in a Wake hat/shirt in DC and the response rate of "go deacs" is around 95%.

I said it to Jay Haas at the Senior's golf tournament this past weekend. He gave a smile and head nod, and then asked me to keep him updated on the game score.

Go Deacs is the way to go. There was a brief stint where my response was "f*** [Redacted]" tho

A guy painting my house last week was wearing a Wake hat and I gestured to it and said "I appreciate the Wake hat, go Deacs!" and he looked really puzzled by it, like he didn't even know what hat he was wearing.

A guy painting my house last week was wearing a Wake hat and I gestured to it and said "I appreciate the Wake hat, go Deacs!" and he looked really puzzled by it, like he didn't even know what hat he was wearing.

hat he bought at goodwill for paint destruction

was recently pondering this! i wish there was a hand gesture-- like nc state has their wolf signal, ecu has pirate hook hand. What do you do if you're in the car, like let's assume quite far away from Winston, and see a wake bumper sticker?

Can we establish a tip of the top hat? a bowtie wiggle? some sort of weird W and F finger gesture?

was recently pondering this! i wish there was a hand gesture-- like nc state has their wolf signal, ecu has pirate hook hand. What do you do if you're in the car, like let's assume quite far away from Winston, and see a wake bumper sticker?

Can we establish a tip of the top hat? a bowtie wiggle? some sort of weird W and F finger gesture?

20jl092.png

this, especially in boston

Yes, I always give a "Go Deacs", except at BC games because it would become tiresome. The response tends to come after a pause due to a brief period of bemusement but I have always gotten a response. Many times, even a brief convo.

If you lock your thumbs, like you're making a butterfly shadow puppet, it makes a W with your hands. Then retract your right ring and pinkie fingers, and split your index and middle fingers like a peace sign, it makes a WF.

I've long said what is truly keeping us from being elite is a hand/gang sign.

Last edited:
Back