• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How to react upon seeing another Deacon in the wild.

I say "go deacs" every time I see someone in a Wake hat/shirt in DC and the response rate of "go deacs" is around 95%.

This is what I've found as well. Assuming the further you are from NC the more likely the person wearing the gear is an actual alum and not just a random "fan."

I was wearing my Wake hat on a ferry from Cape Town to Robben Island and a guy struck up a conversation.

Turns out he was a friend and class mate (at WFU) with my dad.

Craziest small world experience I've ever had.

I usually see Wake gear on cars (e.g. bumper stickers). My response is usually beeping, waving, and mouthing Go Deacs, followed by veering into a tree.

I lived out west for several years and ran into precisely one person wearing Wake gear - a hat - that whole time. I was so happy to see another Wake fan, but he looked at me cross-eyed when I talked to him. Turned out he only wore the hat because his initials were W.F.

Put your right hand out, palm facing forward and put your middle three fingers up, like you are ordering 3 beers. To someone looking at you, this will look like a W

Put your left hand up and fly the middle finger. This will cover the FU.

Put it all together and you get WFU.

I see stuff periodically in Philly...but it is always from a distance. A couple months back I saw an old dude in center city Philly wearing a Wake Forest polo. And then two weeks ago I saw someone driving around with a 'Wake Forest Mom' bumper sticker.

Put your right hand out, palm facing forward and put your middle three fingers up, like you are ordering 3 beers. To someone looking at you, this will look like a W

Put your left hand up and fly the middle finger. This will cover the FU.

Put it all together and you get WFU.

If only we could make this an actual thing.

I still rock a Wake backpack that I got about five years ago (has a big WF on the back). I get comments on it all the time, especially when traveling.

I just walk up and do anything I want....toss in a tic tac...grab 'em by the pussy....

"Go Deacs!" is also an option.

Back