• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How to win a fight, by John Shelton Reed (on NC vs. Tx BBQ)

Maybe Texans like brisket so much because so many horses eat at their tables with them.

I love brisket and bbq. It's apples and oranges, not sure why there's even a need to compare them.

I love brisket and bbq. It's apples and oranges, not sure why there's even a need to compare them.

Exactly. Good barbeque is good no matter where its from. Its either good or it isn't. I personally like the regional limitations of BBQ to be honest. I wouldn't want to have the same tastes and textures all over the country, it'd have too much of a McDonald's feel to it.

Exactly. Good barbeque is good no matter where its from. Its either good or it isn't. I personally like the regional limitations of BBQ to be honest. I wouldn't want to have the same tastes and textures all over the country, it'd have too much of a McDonald's feel to it.

There isn't a need to compare, but calling brisket bbq is just dumb. Why can't we just call real bbq what it is, and refer to everything else by the proper terminology (brisket, sausage, barbacoa, etc.).

There isn't a need to compare, but calling brisket bbq is just dumb. Why can't we just call real bbq what it is, and refer to everything else by the proper terminology (brisket, sausage, barbacoa, etc.).

You mean Howard Walowitz's mom doesn't do BBQ on Big Bang Theory?

(her brisket is a running joke on the show)

Maybe Texans like brisket so much because so many horses eat at their tables with them.

Maybe horses like brisket.....there is a lot of it.

You mean Howard Walowitz's mom doesn't do BBQ on Big Bang Theory?

(her brisket is a running joke on the show)

ibasXKgaYx0KEj.gif

Last edited:
If you asked me to argue one position or the other as to which form of delicious smoked meat is better, I would say.....

stop wasting my damn time, I have better things to do, like drinking beer and eating delicious smoked meat.

If you asked me to argue one position or the other as to which form of delicious smoked meat is better, I would say.....

stop wasting my damn time, I have better things to do, like drinking beer and eating delicious smoked meat.

It's not about which is better, it's about which one is actually barbecue.

If you asked me to argue one position or the other as to which word should be used to describedelicious smoked meat, I would say.....

FIFMyself.

It's not about which is better, it's about which one is actually barbecue.

In this case its NC/SC vs the rest of the world. I don't think we're going to win. So in NC when I say I want bbq, I want pork. When I'm outside NC, I specify what kind of bbq I want.

In this case its NC/SC vs the rest of the world. I don't think we're going to win. So in NC when I say I want bbq, I want pork. When I'm outside NC, I specify what kind of bbq I want.

Ok, well those of us that care about truth will continue to fight the good fight. You can just turn your back on tradition and give up if you want. I never thought I'd see tsy of all people give in to the demands of foreigners.

Back