• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

how was the crowd at the joel?

Crowd was pretty good for a game vs BC and students not back on campus yet. Shelton was there, so was McClinton.

Jamie Lucky got the crowd fired up- he sucked, as usual. I think he enjoys being boo'ed and told to go f himself. He likes the attention.

The fans have really gotten behind this team- standing applause when 'Tree left the game after having a couple of big plays...got really loud for CJ & Devin- no matter what they feel about Buzz.

Battle was animated this game and I love watching Chill on the bench...he's still got that competitive spirit. His presence is good for the team.

I can't remember a player coming off the bench that energizes the crowd like 'Tree does.

Overall it was a good crowd. Far from what it used to be, but this team really feeds off the crowd's energy and needs their support. I am BuzzOut, but I am TeamIn.

Go Deacs!

Dont know that we want to call too much attention to this aspect of things. Not sure that what Chill is doing is legal as defined by the letter of the law. Yesterday he was addressing the refs about situations, instructing players, and advising coaches. He is not a coach, and in his position those things probably arent allowed ... although it is entirely unclear what his position really is! However, it is good to have him back and involved with the program.

Dont know that we want to call too much attention to this aspect of things. Not sure that what Chill is doing is legal as defined by the letter of the law. Yesterday he was addressing the refs about situations, instructing players, and advising coaches. He is not a coach, and in his position those things probably arent allowed ... although it is entirely unclear what his position really is! However, it is good to have him back and involved with the program.

This was from the BSD article when he got hired and from a member of the coaching staff who explained to me exactly what he can/cannot do:

A source close to the team said that with this move Childress can now be around the team on a day to day basis and begin to learn more about the ins and outs of the team. Although he cannot actively call or visit recruits, when they come to campus he can sit in on all the meetings, talk with the recruits and essentially be another "face" that guys recognize when they are here.

Childress can be involved with coaching activities, which means he can be around the team but cannot actually coach during game or practices. He will work closely with the coaching staff to provide his opinions and how he views what is going on during practices and games after the fact.

Crowd was pretty good. Would have been better if it wasn't December.....wait. I mean it would have been better if it wasn't Tuesday.... wait... Saturday crowds in January are always small, what with NFL playoffs and such......

Crowd was pretty good. Would have been better if it wasn't December.....wait. I mean it would have been better if it wasn't Tuesday.... wait... Saturday crowds in January are always small, what with NFL playoffs and such......

Wake is 5th in the league in home attendance behind only UNC, State, Duke and Maryland.

Take attendance figures with a grain of salt. Especially from the Wake/North Korea media department.

The flow of the game can have a dramatic impact on any given crowd. This is was an up and down wide open game with a lot of runs, and a lot of questionable calls. It was fun to watch, really.

nursing_homes2.jpg

listening to the game on television right now while I work, the crowd sounds pretty good.

My friend texted me in the 2nd half that all 18 people that were there were on their feet and making noise.

The crowd was small but actually had quite a bit of energy. I think that the negativiety surrounding this team needs to stop. The freshmen are changing the vibe of this program and it showed in the tone of the crowd.

these kids play hard, have attitude and are genuinely having fun. they also seem to be close. They deserve our support and those at the game saturday enjyed a great effort.

The crowd was small but actually had quite a bit of energy. I think that the negativiety surrounding this team needs to stop. The freshmen are changing the vibe of this program and it showed in the tone of the crowd.

these kids play hard, have attitude and are genuinely having fun. they also seem to be close. They deserve our support and those at the game saturday enjyed a great effort.

Yep,dead on.

Back