• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

how was the crowd at the joel?

Official had it at little over 10K. Love the energy that 'Tree brings but he needs to be better with the ball and he needs to improve his shot. Love the kid though. He's already a key player for us with minimal minutes.

Did anybody else think they saw Chas McFarland there last night? I thought I saw him like on the fourth or fifth row.

there was one bawse looking guy with gray hair and a really dark, thick mustache that kept getting on TV. kind of reminded me of an older version of this guy.

cigar-man_210x210.jpg

anyone else see him?

I know who you're probably talking about, he's a season ticket holder and has been there as long as I can remember.

That was actually one of the best Wake crowds I've seen since Dino left. I can't really explain how or why, but people showed up to this game.

This. Average age = 92

Typical Buzziners...toothless- double-dribbling-sauce eaters. I saw several of them scrambling for their bridge work after Tree's steal and dunk. Truly pathetic.

Win and they will come.

People don't like seeing the home team lose most every game by double digits.

That was actually one of the best Wake crowds I've seen since Dino left. I can't really explain how or why, but people showed up to this game.

I think a 4pm Saturday game should get the best crowd. Late enough in the day to get other things done in the morning, but not so late it pushes into dinner or past bedtimes. Enough time to travel to and from for people from a bit further out. Comparing to a 9pm weeknight game? I'm a young person who lives 10 minutes from the Joel and that's late for me.

The older folks sitting around me were getting loud and rowdy too. Not all sitting on their hands or complaining when someone stands up to cheer. Thought it was a very decent crowd. People like this team, regardless of the coach.

Very difficult not to like this team when theyhustle on D and dive on the floor without hesitation. Clearly they have bought in to whats being taught and we have two ACCwins now when I wondered if we'd get any. Do love having Randolph on the bench. Also was told that Rusty and Randolph sons are playing hoops together. Maybe we could get them to join CP3's son on very early commitments.

The bald guy sitting in the student section repeatedly yelling "17-6" at the refs (foul differential at one point) waving a WF flag was cracking me up.

On that note, anyone else find Donahue annoying? He bitched about every call despite having far, far more fouls called against Wake than BC and getting the benefit of the C.J. elbow technical late. What a whiner.

Last edited:
The bald guy sitting in the student section yelling "17-6" at the refs (foul differential at one point) waving a WF flag was cracking me up.

I don't know who he is but he never misses a game, is always seated behind the band, and is always quite loud.

My friends and I always referred to him as "angry bald guy".

On that note, anyone else find Donahue annoying? He bitched about every call despite having far, far more fouls called against Wake than BC and getting the benefit of the C.J. elbow technical late. What a whiner.

Not really. With a young team, you lead by example. Our guys are naturally firey, it seems, but Donahue's energy really rubbed off on his team and helped re-invigorate them every time Wake went on a monster run. They countered every run and nearly fought their way back to a W, if the chips had fallen in their favor.

I'd love to see [Redacted] go to bat for our guys more often instead of sit back and just let everything happen. Something tells me that he has very little sway/little rapport with the referees. He was so complacent when Moto got tagged with the flagrant one, but I, for one, was pleasantly surprised to see him get animated following CJ's flagrant one call.

Generally speaking, I like an outwardly passionate coach if he's on my bench (e.g. I am a bit of a TAMU fan and liked seeing Turgeon get animated when he was there) and hate him if he's on the other one (the guy from Loyola MD).

Would be nice to see such a guy on Wake's bench (started following Wake during the Gaudio years, and he was generally pretty reserved as well).

I don't know who he is but he never misses a game, is always seated behind the band, and is always quite loud.

My friends and I always referred to him as "angry bald guy".

He is a local MD!

Generally speaking, I like an outwardly passionate coach if he's on my bench (e.g. I am a bit of a TAMU fan and liked seeing Turgeon get animated when he was there) and hate him if he's on the other one (the guy from Loyola MD).

Would be nice to see such a guy on Wake's bench (started following Wake during the Gaudio years, and he was generally pretty reserved as well).

I mean, Bz threw a clipboard after CJ's technical yesterday, and he yelled at Chase at one point. So there's that.

Back