• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Will You Celebrate?

How will you celebrate Bzzz's exodus

• Roll the Quad

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Party on campus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • At a bar

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • House party

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Drink alone

Votes: 33 32.7%
  • Praise the deity of your choice

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Start a thread here

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rub it in on the other board

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • Doofus/Numbers

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RicoSuave

Reaction score
How will you celebrate when the official announcement of the termination of Bzzz's employment with Wake Forest is made next weekend?

Roll the Quad
Celebrate at some other place on campus
Celebrate at a bar
Celebrate at a private location with other Wake fans
Comsume alcoholic beverages alone
Praise God/Allah/Buddah/Mother Nature/Townie
Start a Thread about it on this board
Start a Thread about it on TOB
Other
Nothing

Wow - I am the only person to respond so far, and I chose 'drink alone'. I am going to go kill myself :). Seriously, I have one last bottle of Dogfish 90 waiting for next week. We don't carry it in MS, and I was going to drink it last week, but decided to save it for a special occasion. I now know what that occasion is.

I'm with you, man. Wife and baby at home. Most likely a Thursday announcement. Drink a few beers alone and talk on the boards about swinging my dick around.

I think I will let out a long-awaited sigh of relief, but until a worthy replacement is hired I can't get excited. I suppose that is just the long-suffering Wake fan in me.

Are there going to be Bzout ads in the Gboro paper next week?

I gave up drinking a while ago (not that I really had a choice in the matter), but I think I'll make an exception for this event. I pick "drink alone."

Drink alone because I don't think anyone else I would potentially drink with would understand what I would/am going thro

Part of me hopes it happens the 1st Thursday of the NCAA Tournament. I'll take the afternoon off watching NCAAT, drinking alone, and chatting/celebrating with friends on the phone. Also, that day will probably mark the most I have cared about college basketball in 3.5 years.

Man, I will be happy, but it's such a formality at this point, I'm really just focusing on who Wellman hires next. If he hires someone who kicks ass, then I'll feel like celebrating. If he hires like Ed DeChellis or the coach of Stetson or something because they made us look bad that time, then there will not really be any celebration and I'll just continue feeling like I don't care about Wake basketball.

I will not celebrate that blessed event. I will only celebrate if Ron hires Shaka, Marshall or someone else with whom I'm impressed. If Ron hires someone like a Brian Gregory or Brad Brownell, yeah the team may play harder and be more fundamentally sound, but we still won't be a regular in the Dance. We will become irrelevant as opposed to abysmal.

Tie-Die Nation Get the movement started.

Tie-Die Nation is one of things that needs to follow [Redacted] out the door. The concept is old and tired. We need a completely fresh start and new energy. As much I respect and admire Skip, this concept needs to be overhauled to reclaim our program.

I will not celebrate that blessed event. I will only celebrate if Ron hires Shaka, Marshall or someone else with whom I'm impressed. If Ron hires someone like a Brian Gregory or Brad Brownell, yeah the team may play harder and be more fundamentally sound, but we still won't be a regular in the Dance. We will become irrelevant as opposed to abysmal.

This is me as well.

Back