• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How would you define a successful basketball season?

What is successful

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This season or a typical Wake Forest basketball season?

With [Redacted] as coach I would consider a winning record successful. A typical Wake season I would consider an NCAA tournament bid successful and anything less than that unsuccessful.

Regardless of coach, we should make the NCAA tournament every year to be successful. NIT is OK every once in a great while.

This is one of the things that really gets on my nerves over the past few years and was mentioned by Wellman in his press conferences at the end of last season and by Dave Odom. Wellman said that we would make the NCAA tournament from time to time. No, dammit, we'd better make it nearly every year and make the NIT from time to time.

Buzz is fired. I am also hoping we drop a game or two to some of those cupcakes. I think the fallout will be a lot of fun.

With the OOC schedule, anything less than 22 wins should be considered a disappointment. That said, I don't even think 22 wins gets us in the NCAA tournament this year, although it would depend heavily on who we beat.

We had some years in that 20 year span when making the final-4 was a realistic possibility and sweet-16s were disappointing. Remember how crushed we were over Pittsnoggle and that white boy from Okie State?

Now the discussion isn't even about making the Dance. We're now defining success as being above .500 or if we're lucky making the NIT.

Buzz gets fired.

Outside of a tournament team that's reasonably competitive in nearly every game that also leaves me with hope that the next season will bring the same...the above is the only acceptable answer. And let's be honest, since the former's chance of happening is next to nothing, then realistically Buzzfired is the best we can hope for.

Making the NCAA tournament should be our goal every year and any year we don't make it is not a good year. One of the many reasons BZZ needs to go

Back