• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Would You Feel Towards Wellman....

slickdeac

Reaction score
if he makes a home run football hire (let's say Narduzzi) and fires Bz at the end of bball season and makes a solid basketball hire and things in both sports are on the upswing. Is all forgiven? Is there any scenario where RW can regain your trust? It is still amazing to me how brutally he fell out of good graces with the fan bases...not saying it's not warranted...it's just crazy.

Not forgiven.. but maybe not hated with a burning passion.

If in 2-3 years, our football and basketball programs look like they did in 2006-2009, I would be cool with Wellman.

Winning solves a lot of problems. I was ready for Ron Rivera to be fired a couple of months ago. Now I love Riverboat Ron.

I think most Wake fans would feel better than they do now. Just win. It's not complicated.

While the extended patience granted Caldwell and Grobe was difficult on the fan base, I think it facilitates hiring a good coach.

I don't understand the Bz hire; but Wellman is not a bad man. Neither is he a fool.

However he desperately needs to communicate more/better/more candidly.

I just expect Wellman to do his job and to do that job well. If he hires a good football coach and replaces Bz with a good coach then I have no problems with the man.

It's also more about results than who he hires.

Last edited:
While the extended patience granted Caldwell and Grobe was difficult on the fan base, I think it facilitates hiring a good coach.

I don't understand the Bz hire; but Wellman is not a bad man. Neither is he a fool.

However he desperately needs to communicate more/better/more candidly.

Sociopaths aren't too good at that.

if he makes a home run football hire (let's say Narduzzi) and fires Bz at the end of bball season and makes a solid basketball hire and things in both sports are on the upswing. Is all forgiven? Is there any scenario where RW can regain your trust? It is still amazing to me how brutally he fell out of good graces with the fan bases...not saying it's not warranted...it's just crazy.

He would need to fire Casstevens as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

You serious??? Needs to leave, new blood and fresh ideas would be good. Besides, since Wellman's bike accident, may have and quite possibly affected his ability to make sound judgements...

All he has to do is make a decent hire in football and get wake bball back to where it should be and 98% of fans would forgive him. It's that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, It is more than when or GTFO. He needs to hire what appears to be the best available coach at the time. Most hires do not work out. All that I think is reasonable to ask is that he makes the best hire that is available based upon the information out there at the time

For example, if he hires Lembo and Lembo ends up being a bad coach, I do not blame Wellman for that. If he hires some jackleg who is not one of the best available candidates, that is Wellman's fault.

Chances of RW pushing all the right buttons to right the ship are about the same as us going to the Big Dance anytime soon.....

For me, It is more than when or GTFO. He needs to hire what appears to be the best available coach at the time. Most hires do not work out. All that I think is reasonable to ask is that he makes the best hire that is available based upon the information out there at the time

For example, if he hires Lembo and Lembo ends up being a bad coach, I do not blame Wellman for that. If he hires some jackleg who is not one of the best available candidates, that is Wellman's fault.

So much this.

Back