• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Would You Feel Towards Wellman....

I had no idea - did he have a concussion?

You serious??? Needs to leave, new blood and fresh ideas would be good. Besides, since Wellman's bike accident, may have and quite possibly affected his ability to make sound judgements...

For me, It is more than when or GTFO. He needs to hire what appears to be the best available coach at the time. Most hires do not work out. All that I think is reasonable to ask is that he makes the best hire that is available based upon the information out there at the time

For example, if he hires Lembo and Lembo ends up being a bad coach, I do not blame Wellman for that. If he hires some jackleg who is not one of the best available candidates, that is Wellman's fault.

You're being more generous than win or gtfo. If Lembo wins, we're good. If Lembo loses, Wellman's not forgiven but maybe not gtfo. If the jackleg wins, we're good. If the jackleg loses, gtfo.

Chances of RW pushing all the right buttons to right the ship are about the same as us going to the Big Dance anytime soon.....

And us going to the big dance is one of the buttons to right the ship, so statistically I'd say it's less likely.

Aside from the fact he would still be an arrogant prick, I could coexist with him until his retirement.

I really had no problem with the man until this Spring when he did his media tour trying to sell us a load of bullshit about [Redacted]. [Redacted] should have been fired then, no question.

However, if he makes a good hire for football, fires [Redacted] this Spring, and makes a big move for a good coach for basketball, he'll be in a much better place. Not forgiven, but he could retire more respected than vilified.

if he makes a home run football hire (let's say Narduzzi) and fires Bz at the end of bball season and makes a solid basketball hire and things in both sports are on the upswing. Is all forgiven? Is there any scenario where RW can regain your trust? It is still amazing to me how brutally he fell out of good graces with the fan bases...not saying it's not warranted...it's just crazy.

No...

Not forgiven.. but maybe not hated with a burning passion.

Not sure I can even agree with this...

He would need to fire Casstevens as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

This getting to the meat of it. It really is about more than winning. The man has no integrity. He needs to go.

Lack of integrity. Has been shown on Wellman's behalf on multiple occasions...CatStevens needs to be dismissed also!

For me, It is more than when or GTFO. He needs to hire what appears to be the best available coach at the time. Most hires do not work out. All that I think is reasonable to ask is that he makes the best hire that is available based upon the information out there at the time

For example, if he hires Lembo and Lembo ends up being a bad coach, I do not blame Wellman for that. If he hires some jackleg who is not one of the best available candidates, that is Wellman's fault.

Too much logic for the self-thought of "smartest man in the room, any room."

Since Wellman isn't the one pulling the strings, this is a moot discussion.

There were 4 people in a room discussing the sale of the stadium to Wake from Winston... I am very closley related to one of those people, and I can tell you without a doubt, Ron tried to royally fuck the city. He's an ass, get out.

There were 4 people in a room discussing the sale of the stadium to Wake from Winston... I am very closley related to one of those people, and I can tell you without a doubt, Ron tried to royally fuck the city. He's an ass, get out.

Do you remember Dean Fulmer from Animal House? I swear Wellman resembles him so close that he could be one of his family!

So he was trying to get the best possible deal for Wake?

I mean, yes, of course he is trying to get the best deal for wake....nothing wrong with that, no one had an issue with that.

Year or so ago I believe...serious bicycle accident...many discussions on this board if it affected his reasoning.

that doesn't explain the hire.

it might explain not firing...............

Wellman has killed our signature sport at Wake so I will never forgive him. Never. He is practically Baghdad Bob at this point in his career.

I mean, yes, of course he is trying to get the best deal for wake....nothing wrong with that, no one had an issue with that.

So what did people have an issue with? How was he trying to fuck over the city in a way that wasn't to Wake's benefit?

Back