• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

just in case they get hammered tomorrow on Friday the 13th, one of you young whippersnappers needs to make a Jason voorhees and tarheel photoshop.

Hopefully the scheduling conflicts last week was just coordinating the release with the next wave of FBI arrests

Now that UNC-ch has established that they suck in football this year, the NCAA could include a meaningless bowl ban on UNC-ch.

The Friday the 13th fear began when the Pope and kings in Europe killed as many members of the Knight's Templar as they could find.

Can we have a pipe dream of something similar happening to Cheating Hill?

I doubt it, but let's hope and pray.

I actually think something semi-severe is coming. Them asking the NCAA to delaying the findings a week to avoid them coming out the day of a multi-billion dollar fundraising event is not a coincidence IMO.

The Friday the 13th fear began when the Pope and kings in Europe killed as many members of the Knight's Templar as they could find.

What the fuck

The Pope was an Assassin?

What the fuck

http://michaelspradlin.com/blog/2013/09/friday-the-13th-and-the-knights-templar/

"But many don’t know that one legend of the origin of Friday the 13th as unlucky comes from the persecution of the Knights Templar in the 14th Century. On Friday, October 13th, 1307, King Philip IV of France, in league with Pope Clement V ordered all Templars to be rounded up and thrown in prison. The Knights were accused of numerous crimes including heresy and treason. For two hundred years the Knights Templar had been the most dominant force in Christendom, but after their defeat at the Siege of Acre and the loss of the Holy Land, their influence began to wane."

https://www.historychannel.com.au/this-day-in-history/friday-13-arrests-knights-templar/

"And it was this power that worried King Philip IV of France – fears of a strong and independent army, massively wealthy and with the ability to move around Europe with impunity. He decided to break their power and on Friday 13 October 1307 he ordered the arrest of many French Templars on charges of heresy, and this was followed by torture and execution, including burning at the stake. Many believed that the heresy charges were “trumped up” in order to justify Philip’s action – and for his confiscation of their tremendous financial assets.

In 1312 the order of the Knights Templar was officially dissolved by Pope Clement V, and was gradually dismantled, beginning in France and then across to England, Scotland and Spain. The day the arrests began, Friday 13, developed a reputation of bad luck – a popular belief that still exists today in much of the Western world."

Sounds like you learned something today.

Back on topic

I know I'll probably be let down but I'm totally unzipped and waiting on this one...

There's been a tried and true thread meticulously documenting UNC’s infractions since 2011, and just as we are about to cross the finish line, someone starts a new thread? Bad vibes.

There's been a tried and true thread meticulously documenting UNC’s infractions since 2011, and just as we are about to cross the finish line, someone starts a new thread? Bad vibes.

Did that thread yield any sanctions? No.

Did that thread yield any sanctions? No.

Maybe it was about to. Now we’ll never know. If UNC skates tomorrow, I’m blaming this thread.

Or, just general common sense about how the world works.

So tomorrow is officially the biggest day in Pack Pride history. I might even wear red in a show of solidarity.

Back