• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

there's a sweet rant in the Charlotte paper today from Bob Orr, former NC Supreme Court justice. He says the whole football team should boycott the games to show the injustice of this. HAVE AT IT douchebags.

this is why the NCAA will ultimately regret not punishing them. the idiots now think that they are above the law and that ANY consequences are excessive.

They were selling these shoes for $2000 a pair. What idiot would pay that?

I can just picture the idiot Rams Club member who did- never set foot in Chapel Hill as a student, majority of his wardrobe is that pansy-ass Carolina blue, his basement is a shrine to the so-called Carolina Way covered in pictures of Ol' Roy, Butchie, the Hat, Dean, Kenan, the Deandome, and the highlight is the shoes that he got for only $2k from a real Tarheel football player. They are covered in lucite to protect them. And every visitor that comes over, the first thing he asked them is "Hey! Come down and see my UNC football shoes. But don't tell anybody where I got them or that you ever even saw them. Gotta keep this on the low down to protect the program."

I can just picture the idiot Rams Club member who did- never set foot in Chapel Hill as a student, majority of his wardrobe is that pansy-ass Carolina blue, his basement is a shrine to the so-called Carolina Way covered in pictures of Ol' Roy, Butchie, the Hat, Dean, Kenan, the Deandome, and the highlight is the shoes that he got for only $2k from a real Tarheel football player. They are covered in lucite to protect them. And every visitor that comes over, the first thing he asked them is "Hey! Come down and see my UNC football shoes. But don't tell anybody where I got them or that you ever even saw them. Gotta keep this on the low down to protect the program."

LOL. That sounds so believable and so authentic.

Last edited:
So whoever bought the shoes has to return them and won’t be able to resell them for a profit, right?

That is hilarious

Love it! :bowrofl:

the terribleness of the rule makes it hard to be happy about seeing Carolina get in trouble on this. NCAA set to make money, Jordan Brand set to make money, yet if the kids try to sell some pair of shoes they may have no use for then may the wrath of god come down on them.

That’s enough to bomb down an entire program for 10 years for other schools in the state and you think getting suspended a few games is the wrath of god? Sheeeeeesh

^this. Can’t wait to see the UNC Board step in and nuke the entire athletic program like they did with Jimmy V.

That’s enough to bomb down an entire program for 10 years for other schools in the state and you think getting suspended a few games is the wrath of god? Sheeeeeesh

If N.C. State had gone through all the shit that UNC went through State would have had the death penalty.

^this. Can’t wait to see the UNC Board step in and nuke the entire athletic program like they did with Jimmy V.

If N.C. State had gone through all the shit that UNC went through State would have had the death penalty.

quite the persecution complex among the state fans around here

I guess Carolina fans would say that it's $21M well spent. :rolleyes:

New legal bills push UNC’s tab for academic scandal to $21 million
BY DAN KANE

August 10, 2018 04:46 PM

UNC-Chapel Hill has spent $21 million on legal, public relations and investigative costs related to its long-running academic scandal, bills released Friday show.

The bills from 2016 through this year show the university has spent more than $3.5 million on several law firms involved in successfully defending the university against NCAA allegations and individual lawsuits by former athletes. The university had previously spent nearly $18 million on legal, public relations, investigative and records production costs.

The university is not likely to spend much more. The NCAA’s infractions committee, after a drawn-out case that involved three separate notices of allegations, did not sanction the university. The three athlete lawsuits were dismissed by state and federal judges.

The News & Observer made a public records request for the bills in November...

Interesting that they spent millions on PR.
Gotta influence the decision makers!

Back