• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

Don't understand why the NCAA refuses to open an investigation if new information comes out. I get that they don't want one of their premier brands to suffer. But it's beyond ridiculous how the game is skewed.

Greg Little anybody?

Only at UNC could someone that close to the head coach (the tutor) be part of funneling money to and from student athletes and the NCAA not hammer them.

The assistant head coach was called black Santa and they didn't drop the hammer. Complete BS all around.

Only at UNC could someone that close to the head coach (the tutor) be part of funneling money to and from student athletes and the NCAA not hammer them.

Pretty sure it could also happen at Duke, among many others. Now, if you're Southwest Bumfuck State, you're screwed. But a golden goose can shit wherever it wants.

Pretty sure it could also happen at Duke, among many others. Now, if you're Southwest Bumfuck State, you're screwed. But a golden goose can shit wherever it wants.

They did slap Ohio State pretty good and I would consider them as golden of a goose as possible.

IMHO, what UNC did was worse and I don't know why nothing happened to them.

Ohio State hardly got slapped pretty good. Vacated wins, 3 schollies lost, and a missed bowl game. Since Urban "I'm retiring for my health but need to coach again somewhere else" Meyer has landed in Columbus, the sting of that slap is long forgotten. But the OSU story was much more interesting to the national media than UNC.

Besides, OSU's sins were worse than UNC's- absolutely. But they deserved what they got and more simply because the NCAA banked on them being competitive in their bowl games vs the SEC and repeatedly got let down.

Last edited:
Merging the multitude of UNC Cheating threads so all of our evidence can be in one tidy place.

Merging the multitude of UNC Cheating threads so all of our evidence can be in one tidy place.

Yeah, wouldn't want anything reducing real estate for fantasy league or soccer threads.

:couch:

lol, you obviously forget what happened the last time I tried that. Boom, entire thread deleted. I'll make sure you get your due credit.

The purpose of sanctions should be to put the program in much worse shape than they would have been before the cheating.... otherwise, cheating wins.

NCAA hardly did that.

lol, you obviously forget what happened the last time I tried that. Boom, entire thread deleted. I'll make sure you get your due credit.

All you need to do now is ban Moon for posting a fully-clothed woman's chest area and you'll be ready to be a Scout mod...

Back