• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

Didn't Roy bring an "academic advisor" with him from Kansas, just for basketball, even though UNC doesn't usually have separate ones for each sport? Maybe this guy is the guy pulling the strings(on the academics side) and Roy wants plausible deniability (but I don't think he succeeded). I'm sure it didn't take his advisor long to find out about AFAM and have the players lining up for those classes.

Wayne Walden

Friend on Facebook just posted

If Roy Williams had been at Carolina before Rashad McCants had been recruited; Roy probably wouldn't have wanted the dumbass anyways. He's always been an ASS!!!!

That is unreal seeing as how the PJ Hairiston stuff is less than 6 months old.

Pretty sure that some prominent players under Dean Smith were AFAM majors...Michael Jordan comes to mind.

This kind of stuff isn't new to Roy or UNC. It's been going on for years.

Pretty sure that some prominent players under Dean Smith were AFAM majors...Michael Jordan comes to mind.

This kind of stuff isn't new to Roy or UNC. It's been going on for years.

Jordan was a geography major. However, the AFAM/basketball relationship appears to have started in 93.

Jordan was a geography major. However, the AFAM/basketball relationship appears to have started in 93.

Thanks...there was a high profile player who majored in AFAM and predates Roy by many years. I can't remember who it was.

I think Roy stepped into a well oiled cheating machine.

Thanks...there was a high profile player who majored in AFAM and predates Roy by many years. I can't remember who it was.

I think Roy stepped into a well oiled cheating machine.

Agreed. . .as did Butch Davis I suspect. I think after it all went down, if you closely examine Davis' quotes, he hinted at the fact that the cheating pre-dated him and that he was just a pawn in the academic stuff. I think David honestly believed that he was not the problem. . .as far as the academic cheating goes, he may have been right about that.

Agreed. . .as did Butch Davis I suspect. I think after it all went down, if you closely examine Davis' quotes, he hinted at the fact that the cheating pre-dated him and that he was just a pawn in the academic stuff. I think David honestly believed that he was not the problem. . .as far as the academic cheating goes, he may have been right about that.

There is no doubt he was right. This was systemic and to think that the highest profile program was immune is asinine.

How the fuck does one major in geography? How do you not learn everything in one semester?

The NCAA is more worried about amateurism than education.
Yes, the NCAA is also being hypocritical in how it treats high schools vs colleges. You could certainly describe UNC as a "diploma mill" in this scenario where players are maintaining their elegibility though no show paper classes.

Very good point.

Man I hope these bastards get what's coming to them. This is like a Watergate style cover up they have going here.

Hopefully the cover up is what fucks them up. It'd be great if there's another smoking gun out there like McCants that lays it on the line.

How the fuck does one major in geography? How do you not learn everything in one semester?

lol :rolleyes:

It's not just where shit is, LK.

Geology, oceanography, hydrology, climatology, meteorology, and a whole host of social sciences.

Pretty well respected public school major that leads to a host of jobs.

lol :rolleyes:

It's not just where shit is, LK.

Geology, oceanography, hydrology, climatology, meteorology, and a whole host of social sciences.

Pretty well respected public school major that leads to a host of jobs.

gulls flocking together

Back