• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

NCAA needs to level the playing field literally.

surprising they haven't won more often with such blatant cheating.

UNC was one of the big underachievers in college basketball and college football even before these allegations.

Outside The Lines @OTLonESPN · 2h
Today, 3PM ET, ESPN2: Former UNC guard Rashad McCants joins the program. Tune in.

UNC was one of the big underachievers in college basketball and college football even before these allegations.

:wtf:

I mean, they're not #undefeated, but nobody can live up to the standards you imagine you meet.

That this post was made when TD is threatening to cement his legacy as greatest PF of all-time with at a minimum a capstone of back-to-back Finals appearances after a HOF career is nothing short of hilariously ironic, given that he's been to less Final Fours than Kris Lang, Ronald Curry and Julius Peppers. But Ph gonna Ph, so...

Last edited:
:wtf:

I mean, they're not #undefeated, but nobody can live up to the standards you imagine you meet.

That this post was made when TD is threatening to cement his legacy as greatest PF of all-time with at a minimum a capstone of back-to-back Finals appearances after a HOF career is nothing short of hilariously ironic, given that he's been to less Final Fours than Kris Lang, Ronald Curry and Julius Peppers. But Ph gonna Ph, so...

Tim Duncan wins championships without cheating. That's someting UNC fans will never experience.

Forgot about this. Anything interesting?

It was very interesting. McCants is an interesting dude. A hypocrite, but interesting. He insisted Jalen Rose be part of the interview. They basically called Roy out for being disingenuous in that one of the things you promise when you go into a kid's home is to stay on them to go to class and earn a quality education so for Roy to say he had no idea what classes McCants was taking and how he was doing and what types of classes he was taking is either a lie or he's a terrible terrible mentor.

McCants, interestingly, kept insisting he wasn't going after Roy and he didn't consider this an athletic fraud but rather an academic fraud and that though Roy's response was disappointing what was most disappointing is the fact that the university hasn't sad dick. Said this was an institutional problem and collegiate problem and tied his stuff to what Napier said at the Final 4 regarding student athletes not having enough money to buy food while everyone else was out eating steak.

At Jalen's insistence, he took responsibility for taking fraudulent classes and not getting an education but you also expect a multi million dollar coach and program to help a 17 year old kid thru the process. Tied the whole thing to the culture of collegiate sports so he thought he was playing his role so to speak.

You would think and hope Carolina is fucked. McCants was pretty disappointed his teammates basically collectively lied about their experience but at the same time admitted he hasn't really been in contact with anyone.

Another interesting thing he said was that Roy promised to shepherd him thru the nba draft process but then was a no show at the green room for the draft.

Last edited:
No surprise on Roy lying to McCants. He's a well known fraud. People just want to lap up his words and his aw shucks personality, but he's an ass. I have seen this first hand.

The players who called him a liar have a reason to back Roy and the university. What are they expected to say?

I know I'm in the minority, but I believe what McCants said. Maybe not all of it, but there is truth there.

And...Roy Williams is a lying asshole.

lol why do you say you are in the minority? i think anyone not wearing blue glasses would believe there is truth there.

Roy didn't recruit McCants. but why fact check rashad McCants? Face value accusations are facts now, right?
Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
lol why do you say you are in the minority? i think anyone not wearing blue glasses would believe there is truth there.

The opinion outside of this board leans heavily toward McCants being less than truthful in his accusations...I just can't understand what he has to gain by outing his program.

Maybe he does have issues with how Roy treated him, but if there is evidence to disprove what he's saying, where is it? Surely the mighty Chapel Hill could quickly produce something to prove him a liar.

Too much smoke. Forrest is bound to be on fire.

Heavy Petter's Thread Describing Ongoing Cheating & Corruption at UNC-CH

Roy didn't recruit McCants. but why fact check rashad McCants? Face value accusations are facts now, right?
Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I didn't watch the interview today, but from the summary on this board, it doesn't appear to me that he said Roy recruited him and promised those things to him, but that it's a recruiting speech in general. Again, I didn't watch- I plan to later- and I am basing my opinion on what was posted.

If you're a coach who's promising those things to recruits, then saying "I don't know, I didn't know" when being asked about a players educational issues is weak. Roy can't say he cares about his player's education and then have no idea what's going on. That's part of his job. A huge part.

Also...I don't keep up with UNC facts, but didn't Roy come to UNC after McCants was enrolled? How do you know Roy didn't talk with McCants after he was hired- new coaches visiting current players and their families is not uncommon...it's actually fairly routine.

Last edited:
I'm kind of surprised ESPN is going after this story. UNC Basketball has made them a lot of money.

Just to stake yourselves out, you're betting on this guy's word: During his interview Wednesday, McCants wore a white hat backward and a black shirt with bold type that said, “Defend the student-athlete.” He said he has had “no relationship” with Williams since leaving UNC,..."

Oh? Then he should meet this guy:

From Feb5, 2011 interview. After the father/fan squabble.

Q: What are your feelings today about Roy Williams?
A: Roy Williams, to me, is a person who really helped me change [my] perception when he got there; he gave me a fresh start. He actually gave me a lot of confidence my sophomore year; I averaged 20 ppg that season. … Coach just told me to be aggressive, and he had confidence in my ability to take over games, and to help my teammates. He put my scoring ability out as a strength, and a powerful strength, for me. I’ll always honor Coach Williams for that, and the fact that he told me to my face, ‘I’m here this year, and we’re going to make the tournament. We’re probably not going to go all the way, but next year, we’re going to win it all.’ And that’s what we did.
Q: Are you close to Williams; do you still speak to him regularly?
A: Of course. Every time I’m in town, we sit down, talking 45 minutes to an hour, just catching up. My phone number is constantly changing, so he’s always chasing my number down.

Before you commit to a "side" of the story, figure out which one puts its eggs in the baskets of this dude and mouth-breathing Statefans. Place your bets.

I guess I get it...I would probably be defending Wake if the same thing was going on in Winston-Salem. But I am flabbergasted that smart people are still denying the academic corruption that was going on in Chapel Hill...including the basketball program. This is not just the word of one guy but even if it were his story, if wrong would be easily refuted. That has yet to happen.

Back