• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Humanity

Can't imagine why people would be criticizing Hungarians. It's all the media's fault. Literally

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...man-who-tripped-migrant-in-hungary-apologizes

Actually a lot of the western media coverage has been pretty awful, with CNN taking top honors for misleading and downright dishonest coverage. Their reporters seem to be - deliberately - missing most of the story.

The woman reporter you posted about was immediately fired. Her station is pretty obscure. I had never heard of it before this incident. Here is her (pretty lame) version

http://news.yahoo.com/panicked-says-hungarian-camerawoman-kicked-refugees-075134366.html

A carbon tax should solve the problem.

wastetires.jpg

Google is matching donations up to 5 million euros. link on the google homepage. money goes to Doctors Without Borders, UN High Commissioner for Refugees, and two other charities providing direct aid. Google's paying all the processing fees so 100% of your donation goes to the charities. I chipped in a little, hope y'all will too.

If I were to just show up in a foreign country without money nor any idea of where and what to do I wouldn't expect to be treated much better. It seems like the Germans are doing everything they can. These families need to take a step back and realize how big of a problem this is for everyone, not just themselves. Be grateful.

Also fuck your religion, I'm sorry. Live your life and worship whatever, but don't expect the people who are already going out of their way to help you, to do even more to accommodate your beliefs. Especially since the asinine debate over your religion is a big reason why you no longer have a home.

There's a monument inside Westbanhof here in Vienna in memorial of the Kinderntransport which evacuated more than 10,000 Jewish children from Nazi occupied areas by train to the UK. The statue is a small boy sitting on his luggage, his trip about to begin. There's a matching statue inside Liverpool Station in London, symbolic of the boy having made his journey and found a new home. It's an intentionally small and almost nondescript statue, something that's easy to pass by and not even notice ... a reminder that those among us that are looking for help desperately are often invisible to or ignore by society.

Sometime this week, Jewish volunteers began to wrap the statue in the same donated refugee blankets which are being given to Syrian families in Westbanhof. It's a small, but touching, reminder that for many people this is a frightful and scary journey that is only being undertaken because the alternative where they were born is simply monstrous.

The idea of state borders is really kinda crazy sometimes when you think about it.

Speaking of Humanity:

U.N., rights groups call on Saudi Arabia to spare man from beheading, crucifixion

(CNN)A group of U.N. experts has joined rights groups in calling on Saudi Arabia to halt the execution of a Shiite man convicted of crimes reportedly committed as a teenager during protests inspired by the Arab Spring.

Ali al-Nimr, the nephew of firebrand Shiite cleric Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr, faces execution by beheading and an additional rare punishment of "crucifixion," which means publicly displaying the body after death as a warning to others, according to Saudi state media.

"Any judgment imposing the death penalty upon persons who were children at the time of the offense, and their execution, are incompatible with Saudi Arabia's international obligations," the U.N. group said in a statement Tuesday, invoking the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child, to which Saudi Arabia is a party.

i'm pretty sure there are lots of women involved in the fleeing

either that or they just fuck all those hot German bitches

Last edited:
Back