• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hunter Sallis First-Team All-ACC

Agreed - And not sure how you leave Jared McCain off the HM team
McCain was HM. Not surprised on lack of respect for Carr even though he deserved at least a HM. Figured Ryan would be there somewhere. And for Bacot there is always next year for 1st team!

HONORABLE MENTION
Joseph Girard III, Clemson, 54
Jamir Watkins, Florida State, 47
Jared McCain, Duke, 29
Ian Schieffelin, Clemson, 24
Miles Kelly, Georgia Tech, 16
Carlton Carrington, Pitt, 12
Brandon Huntley-Hatfield, Louisville, 10
Ryan Dunn, Virginia, 10

Lunardi says the ACC needs better players. Give me the top-25 ACC players vs any conference.

Also, blind homerism because I know nothing about any other conference. But still. It feels right.

FWIW, here are the ACC pre-season rankings (adjusted so how they finished):

2023-4 ACC Preseason Poll
School, Points

1. Duke (44), 757 MINUS 1
2. Miami (5), 693 MINUS 12 (Yikes)
3. North Carolina (1), 670 PLUS 2
4. Virginia (1), 593 EVEN
5. Clemson, 570 EVEN
6. Wake Forest, 440 PLUS 1
7. NC State, 420 MINUS 3
8. Virginia Tech, 390 EVEN
9. Pitt, 380 PLUS FIVE
10. Syracuse, 321 PLUS FIVE
11. Florida State, 294 PLUS 3
12. Boston College, 227 PLUS 1
13. Georgia Tech, 157 EVEN
14. Louisville, 108 MINUS 1
15. Notre Dame, 100 PLUS 3
Virginia was plus 1….finished 3rd.

Cam would have been HM if he didn't have his wrist injured and have to rework his shot. Pretty dramatic drop off in his shooting stats in the games after NC State where he got injured.

Cam would have been HM if he didn't have his wrist injured and have to rework his shot. Pretty dramatic drop off in his shooting stats in the games after NC State where he got injured.
At least HM. Healthy Cam could have been 2nd or 3rd team because I think it would've not only lead to better, more efficient numbers, but also a couple more team wins.

Before Cam injured his wrist he was averaging 17 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists on 50/46/86 splits while also guarding the other team's best perimeter player every single game.

If he'd managed to play like that for the entire season we might be discussing which of him and Hunter should be on the 1st team, and we probably would've closed out a few of those heartbreaking losses as well.

Edit: I've just realised I didn't include the virginia game when looking at his stats so they would've dropped ever so slightly but the point still stands

Last edited:
i'll be very curious to see how Sallis is evaluated by the NBA

I think he's gonna have to really improve his defense to make it, but it does seem like the raw tools are there

Maybe I’m way off here but I don’t really see the wisdom in paying one guy $2MM for a single year. Hunter had a very good season but it seems like you could deploy that money more effectively to build a complete roster.

I thought Carr would get some votes. He's top 10 across the season in Torvik's ACC rankings.

Yeah, the same stat nerd who had him as 7th best player in the ACC?

Dunn is the last guy on the honorable mention list. Doesn't score much, but rebounds and blocks shots at a higher rate and in fewer minutes. Carr's numbers in ACC play are 12ppg and 5.65rpg, a full point and board below his overall season averages. He is a better scorer than Dunn, but UVA plays snail ball too so they don't score a lot in general.

Back