• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hurricane Matthew

PhysDeac

Reaction score
Didn't see a thread on this. Not good.
153536W5_NL_sm.gif

Good resource for latest models and imagery: Mike's Weather Page (spaghettimodels.com)

Not good, indeed.

This could have a major effect on our football game Saturday.

My daughter is a nurse in Charleston and is likely going to have to go to work on Thursday and stay there indefinitely. She is kind of freaking out.

For everyone else, they are reversing all the lanes on 26 leading out of Charleston tomorrow afternoon so you can only leave, and not enter Charleston - and asking everyone to evacuate.

Nikki Haley said she can't imagine South Carolina-Georgia gets played Saturday night in Columbia.

Wouldn't be surprised if none of the State/Duke/UNC games get played. Wake game may be played but some of the forecasts I see have >40 mph up to TS level winds as far west as Winston so who knows.

I mean yeah football but also people's homes are probably gonna get destroyed and stuff, right?

Right, was just mentioning those since this is a Wake sports board and Peach mentioned above.

I'm supposed to go to the Outer Banks this weekend and that's almost certainly not going to happen either (while we're still on personal level issues).

I mean yeah football but also people's homes are probably gonna get destroyed and stuff, right?

If only we could find a way to leverage that destruction to still play football.

Yeah, I mentioned it in another thread but I'm getting married in Pinehurst this weekend. Hopefully the winds aren't crazy, I'm already mentally prepared for an obscene amount of rain. Pine trees don't deal with wind very well.

Shit, man.

Why are we posting worthless drivel on an internet message board?

Fuck. Mindblown.

Maybe we should all retire (permanently), and only think thoughtful things for the remainder of our days. And then pray harder than Tim Tebow. And then volunteer more than Mother [Saint] Teresa.

My house is covered and surrounded by giant oak trees so we're definitely getting the hell out of here.

I'll be up at Octoberfest on Sugar Mountain. Enjoy your coastal flooding, SUCKAS

Gov. Haley has ordered all coastal county schools closed beginning tomorrow. And lane reversal procedures go into place tomorrow at 3 PM for people to evacuate.

We'll have a lot more information about this time tomorrow. Once it crosses the latitudes of Hispanola and Cuba, it'll be lined up. Of course, it could always change course based on a cold front in the lower Atlantic coastline, but once it gets above the Caribbean, we'll know more

So the few squiggly lines that just turn 90 degrees and head off into the Atlantic, what are the chances of that happening? Super tiny?
14L_tracks_latest.png

Based on what I've heard so far, the chances of it turning out to sea are pretty small. The best local hurricane news can usually be found on WPDE's website (I live in Myrtle Beach). They're the least hysterical of the news outlets down here.

Back