• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hypocritical Wellman quotes

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/college_basketball/story/6211833/

Oct 14, 2009

WINSTON-SALEM – Wake Forest University Director of Athletics Ron Wellman announced Wednesday that basketball coach Dino Gaudio has received a contract extension through the 2013-14 season.

“Dino has continued to move our basketball program forward, much as was anticipated when he was hired two years ago,” said Wellman. “We are pleased with the progress of the student-athletes, both on and off the court, and Dino is responsible for that progress.”

---------

And just to set the scene, this is 6 months after Teague and Johnson declared for the draft and 7 months after Cleveland State and the alleged "rape" that got future team captain under [Redacted] Gary Clark "arrested".

Last edited:
What a sanctimonious hypocrite. No logic.

Here is Dan Collins' article on Dino's extension. Hard to believe Dan hasn't taken this right to Wellman:
http://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...cle_3f2d8471-ceef-508f-b895-c84bac08dc94.html

"I think he's deserving of it," Wellman said. "His first two years were, I think, symbolic of what he can do for our program and with our program. He's done a good job in all phases of the program. If you look at the academic performance of our team, the athletic performance of our team, the recruitment, then he's done a good job in all areas.

Gaudio and Wellman mentioned the impact of staff stability on recruiting. Gaudio has recruited a five-man class considered one of the nation's most promising for the 2010 recruiting year.
"If you have the right guy, you want to keep the right guy because those commitments are only verbal commitments," Wellman said. "And they're more to a coach than anything else at that early stage. I think the commitment gets stronger to the institution as it goes along."

Here is Dan Collins' article on Dino's extension. Hard to believe Dan hasn't taken this right to Wellman:
http://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...cle_3f2d8471-ceef-508f-b895-c84bac08dc94.html

"I think he's deserving of it," Wellman said. "His first two years were, I think, symbolic of what he can do for our program and with our program. He's done a good job in all phases of the program. If you look at the academic performance of our team, the athletic performance of our team, the recruitment, then he's done a good job in all areas.

Gaudio and Wellman mentioned the impact of staff stability on recruiting. Gaudio has recruited a five-man class considered one of the nation's most promising for the 2010 recruiting year.
"If you have the right guy, you want to keep the right guy because those commitments are only verbal commitments," Wellman said. "And they're more to a coach than anything else at that early stage. I think the commitment gets stronger to the institution as it goes along."

Why isn't SOMEONE calling this JACKASS out for this HYPOCRISY!?! Forget the players. Forget Dino. This crap is the reason why the "culture" argument is BS. How can you complain about the "culture" of the players when your AD is a bald faced liar whose lack of integrity is on display in the newspaper?!

It's Ron's incessant flip-flopping that is giving me just a tiny sliver of hope that he will change his mind and can Buzz in the coming weeks.

Ugh this quote makes me sick to my stomach. Every time I want to believe the shit Wellman spews, I read stuff like this and all that anger boils back to the surface. Absolute hypocrite who went out to hire his buddy Jeffrey...

I wish I wasn't blocked from posting on the Wake Forest Sports Facebook page or I would post a Buzz stat or Wellman quote every day.

You can't make this stuff up.

“Our fans will come back when the team wins,” Wellman said. “The fans who are disgruntled right now, I understand their disgruntlement. We’re not winning as much as they want to win. And they want the same thing as I want. And they’ll come back when our team wins. So we just have to win, and we will do that eventually.”

Good research Ph. The longer Wellman hangs on to Buzz, the more his reputation and Wake's will erode. Every day Buzz stays, Wellman and Wake are worse off.

Back