• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hypothetical Seed Discussion (#8/#9 vs. #10 seed) (NWT)

A little bit of strategy talk (I know nada), and just some thoughts, after torturing myself and re-watching most of the game:

- Walton was dismal on defense the entire game, especially early. He must be "banged up" since he was immobile.

- Put "banged up" Sy in for Walton early and often. Hell, use Marsh and tell him to knock people onto the ground. Walton waving at guys and not hedging KILLED us.

- After we were up 10, we had Monsanto in the game WITH Walton and could not guard anyone. I love Monsanto, but he got isolated and was on an island and failed at defense.

- Daivien could "blow by" his man at will, but kept pulling back the dribble. He needs to play FEARLESS and get to the paint/rim - he cannot be guarded and Steve needs to stay in his ear to take it to the basket.

- Alondes was able to score at will off the dribble in the half court set, and they had nobody, including Earl Grant's "guy" he brought with him, Galloway, who could guard him.

IF we get to Dayton, and that is sad to type, Alondes needs to a. stay hydrated the DAYS LEADING UP TO DAYTON, and b. be ready to score at the rim and be selfish and dominate - play like the ACC POY and a future NBA pick.

- Hildreth looked pretty solid out there.

- Forbes was furious with the officials as they allowed a lot of "riding guys out" even on the shot (several 'and 1' not called). And then the "timeout" that the ref just blew him off as if he neither saw, nor heard Steve.

Next time - walk out onto the court and signal to your officials to gather around - like a timeout! At least 1 ref will say "hey, did you call a timeout" and you can say "yes, this asshole both heard and saw me say and signal timeout and decided not to grant it...can I have a timeout please?"

Not Levy shooting the FT's bad, or Odom never realizing Antwan Scott is good and letting him play bad, but another mild, what exactly is Steve doing moment, recently?

Last edited:
A little bit of strategy talk (I know nada), and just some thoughts, after torturing myself and re-watching most of the game:

- Walton was dismal on defense the entire game, especially early. He must be "banged up" since he was immobile.

- Put "banged up" Sy in for Walton early and often. Hell, use Marsh and tell him to knock people onto the ground. Walton waving at guys and not hedging KILLED us.

- After we were up 10, we had Monsanto in the game WITH Walton and could not guard anyone. I love Monsanto, but he got isolated and was on an island and failed at defense.

- Daivien could "blow by" his man at will, but kept pulling back the dribble. He needs to play FEARLESS and get to the paint/rim - he cannot be guarded and Steve needs to stay in his ear to take it to the basket.

- Alondes was able to score at will off the dribble in the half court set, and they had nobody, including Earl Grant's "guy" he brought with him, Galloway, who could guard him.

IF we get to Dayton, and that is sad to type, Alondes needs to a. stay hydrated the DAYS LEADING UP TO DAYTON, and b. be ready to score at the rim and be selfish and dominate - play like the ACC POY and a future NBA pick.

- Hildreth looked pretty solid out there.

- Forbes was furious with the officials as they allowed a lot of "riding guys out" even on the shot (several 'and 1' not called). And then the "timeout" that the ref just blew him off as if he neither saw, nor heard Steve.

Next time - walk out onto the court and signal to your officials to gather around - like a timeout! At least 1 ref will say "hey, did you call a timeout" and you can say "yes, this asshole both heard and saw me say and signal timeout and decided not to grant it...can I have a timeout please?"

Not Levy shooting the FT's bad, or Odom never realizing Antwan Scott is good and letting him play bad, but another mild, what exactly is Steve doing moment, recently?

Is this your polite way of saying avoid any steakhouses the night before the game????

Only if you don’t take care of business during the season.

True. Every season fans put too much emphasis on the impact of the conference tournaments on seeding, but when you are one bad loss away from losing your spot it can make the difference.

I do think the committee has heavy recency bias. If we made the finals after beating Duke I bet we’re a 7 seed. Shit UNC might be a 6/7 after having a meh regular season

I do think the committee has heavy recency bias. If we made the finals after beating Duke I bet we’re a 7 seed. Shit UNC might be a 6/7 after having a meh regular season

Of course, conference tournament performances matter to the committee (particularly with teams on the bubble). Unfortunately, we're incapable of playing well in the ACC tournament.

Michigan did, but most dumbasses still have them in with their 17-14 record. Ridiculous.

Of course, they lost to Indiana and that is a problem. Better if Michigan won that game.

I hate our team for making me consider pulling for UNC today for the first time in my life.

nah - projections are starting to put us out. we are out of 48 of 133 brackets posted to BracketMatrix, and many of the 85 that still have us in haven't updated.

WP (#1 bracket last year) guy put us out the night we lost to BC
Evan Miya put us out (5 teams out and ahead of us) this morning

There’s an update. :rulz:

I truly don't even understand how Xavier can still be in the tournament. They are 8-11 in the Big East and have only won 2 out of their last 10 games, one of which was against Georgetown, who has not won a game in 2022.

Will be pulling for Coach Battle and the Providence Friars.

Still think if circumstances were different that he would have been the better choice for HC then Dino.

Back