• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I’ll bet my right to post on this message board that Wake makes the NCAAT in 2019.

Lol. As much as you shill, you'll need to leave the boards anyway when it doesn't happen.

Racer, what’s your deal? Are you a bot? I clicked on your username and looked through your posts. You have hundreds upon hundreds of negative posts, without a single positive post of any sort. This includes football season, in which you only posted when Wake lost. No posts about the Belk Bowl, no posts about wins over NCSU, Cuse, etc. The only time you posted about a Wake win was regarding Dortch getting injured in the Louisville game. You even had one post about the Wake tennis national championship - to claim it’s not NCAA sanctioned. Are you just attracted to negativity? Are you this way in real life?

Racer, what’s your deal? Are you a bot? I clicked on your username and looked through your posts. You have hundreds upon hundreds of negative posts, without a single positive post of any sort. This includes football season, in which you only posted when Wake lost. No posts about the Belk Bowl, no posts about wins over NCSU, Cuse, etc. The only time you posted about a Wake win was regarding Dortch getting injured in the Louisville game. You even had one post about the Wake tennis national championship - to claim it’s not NCAA sanctioned. Are you just attracted to negativity? Are you this way in real life?

I appreciate your very detailed interest in my posting history. The specifics are creepy, but whatever. I'll make sure I put my life on hold to log a post after every positive Wake event going forward. All of that said:

1) Bullshit about not a single positive post...to be fair, not much positive going on in basketball these days. Reality bites, and I get that it must be stressful trying to constantly put lipstick on this pig, but that's no reason to lie. 2) No posts about the Belk bowl because I was there enjoying the hell out of it. 3) The tennis championship is not NCAA sanctioned...if you want to read in context, you'll see that I was simply answering a question for a poster wondering why it doesn't count for Director's Cup. 4) Sorry I hurt your feelings...maybe Ron will rub your back in the office tomorrow after you're done massaging his feet. 5) Yes, I'm realistic in real life too. I don't pretend things are great when they suck monkey nuts.

I appreciate your very detailed interest in my posting history. The specifics are creepy, but whatever. I'll make sure I put my life on hold to log a post after every positive Wake event going forward.

All you have to do is click on your username and all your posts show up in order. Your posts are 95% about firing Manning - it goes on for months but it’s easy to skim in about 60 seconds. There are a lot of gems - this one from the beginning of the football season was great
Watching the UNC/Louisville game on TV and our game on my phone. We are so far from being competitive.
That was during our 34-10 win at BC.

Read in context. Other people were saying similar things because we hadn't started clicking yet.

giving this thread way more credit than it deserves:

I don't believe Manning is the right person for the job and I am extremely confident in my assessment

my expectation for the WF basketball program is more than an occasional trip to the NCAA tournament

therefore merely getting to the tournament next year would not "prove" me wrong in my assessment

I never said it would. But given the increasing hysteria over what has been a very static situation for the past few months you would think the board would collectively give Manning about a 10% chance of making the tournament.

If y’all want to hedge and bump it up to a top 8 seed I’m fine with that.

I’ll bet my right to post on this message board that Wake makes the NCAAT in 2019.

Any takers?

Bet is off if Manning isn’t our coach at the beginning of next season.

What’s the other side of the bet?

Your right to post on this message board. Lifetime ban for the losing side.

Trying to figure out how many people are confident in their assessment of Manning vs those who just enjoy incessantly whining.

giving this thread way more credit than it deserves:

I don't believe Manning is the right person for the job and I am extremely confident in my assessment

my expectation for the WF basketball program is more than an occasional trip to the NCAA tournament

therefore merely getting to the tournament next year would not "prove" me wrong in my assessment

I never said it would. But given the increasing hysteria over what has been a very static situation for the past few months you would think the board would collectively give Manning about a 10% chance of making the tournament.

I'm confident in my assessment of Manning, and will remain so if he reaches the NCAAT next year

That was during our 34-10 win at BC.

Yup. And in the context of the game thread, it was absolutely true. Especially while watching the UNC/Louisville game.

Yup. And in the context of the game thread, it was absolutely true. Especially while watching the UNC/Louisville game.

Your combination of a discerning eye and frontal lobe filter is not one I envy.

Any takers?

Bet is off if Manning isn’t our coach at the beginning of next season.

I took it a step further and said that I'd bet my future posting rights on the contingency that we WIN a game in the NCAAT. Looks like the boards might lose two of the all time greats.

sounds more like a "suicide by cop" situation

there's always the BeachBumBan if you need a break, guys

If y’all want to hedge and bump it up to a top 8 seed I’m fine with that.

NC State is currently 20-9 (10-6) with wins over Arizona, Duke, UNC, & Clemson. As of today they are sitting on the 9 line. The tournament would be a hell of a turnaround from this season's dumpster fire, but don't think you realize what it would take to be an 8 seed.

NC State is currently 20-9 (10-6) with wins over Arizona, Duke, UNC, & Clemson. As of today they are sitting on the 9 line. The tournament would be a hell of a turnaround from this season's dumpster fire, but don't think you realize what it would take to be an 8 seed.

I do. It means being a top 32 team. Given the whims of the selection committee you’d better be top 25 just to be safe. We should have the talent to do that next year. The chemistry issues and the mental fatigue of this season are concerning to me but I’m still trying to be optimistic.

In any event, I’m not going to let the minutiae of this season dictate my expectations for next season. I’m less confident that Manning will meet those expectations than I was at the start of the season but would still put it at >50%.

Your assessment of Manning leads you to believe we won’t make the tournament next year, does it not? And certainly that we won’t be a top 8 seed.

not necessarily

bad coaches make the tournament from time to time

plus, we are just scratching the surface of what may be the biggest NCAA rules violation in history - how many ACC programs will be eligible for the NCAAT next year?

I'm looking for a coach that will get us there more often than not

Back