• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I Am Pretty Sure My Editorial Ran in the Greensboro Paper Today

Strattocaster

Reaction score
Does anyone get the News and Record? I hear that my editorial ran today in the Sports Section Fans Forum. Would like to get confirmation. By the way, Joey Davis' submission will run tomorrow or Monday.

This is what I submitted:

How I Long for the Good Ole Days

The expression “Good Ole Days” usually refers to days long gone by. In the case of Wake Forest Basketball, the “Good Ole Days” were a mere three years ago. Back then, Wake had just beaten Duke and Carolina and was briefly ranked #1 in the polls. Wake supporters were energized and the Joel was rocking.

That changed when Wake AD Ron Wellman fired Dino Gaudio and hired his friend, Jeff [Redacted]. In [Redacted]’s first and second year, a majority of Wake fans were shocked and angry with losses to Stetson, UNC Asheville, Presbyterian, etc. Now, in year three, most Wake supporters are simply apathetic. This is not only because of [Redacted]’s poor performance on the court, but also his inability and unwillingness to connect with Wake supporters. The apathy was especially apparent last week when Wake had to give away tickets just to fill the Joel for a game in which Chris Paul’s jersey was retired at half time. Come on. This is Chris Paul, who was an incredible player at Wake, is a huge donor to the community and the university, and other than one incident where he lost his temper with Julius Hodge, is a great role model and all around good guy.

How I wish Ron Wellman would return us to the “Good Ole Days.” Help convince Ron to make the change by going to www.firebz.com

Brian Stratton
Summerfield

So I just got the actual copy. I did put 4 years ago in the article.

Last edited:
Hodge is a douche. Chris just did what everybody else wanted to.

Hodge is a douche. Chris just did what everybody else wanted to.

It's also something that probably only Wake and NC State fans remember.

I'm glad this little blurb got in the paper. It's also weird that it was mentioned in an editorial about getting Bzz fired.

Also nitpicking, but we lost to UNCW and not UNCA. That only matters because UNCW was 50 spots lower than UNCA in KenPom that year. So it makes Buzz look that much worse.

We did not beat Duke and Carolina 3 years ago. We were also not ranked number 1 in any poll. Your little stunt is filled with errors and is an embarrassment on many levels.

Crap. Sorry about the UNCW mistake. I knew that.

I mentioned Hodge because I thought if I said Chris Paul was a great guy and left it at that, people would say "well what about that time he punched Julius Hodge in the nuts?"

We did not beat Duke and Carolina 3 years ago. We were also not ranked number 1 in any poll. Your little stunt is filled with errors and is an embarrassment on many levels.

Not sure I would call trying to make something happen an embarrassment but you are right, I did make a couple of mistakes. It was 4 years ago.

Three years ago we beat Clemson to break a 4 loss streak that nearly took us off the bubble. Comparatively, those might be the "good old days", but we were all pretty fed up with the team in early march of 2010.

Making Daddy proud. Keep it up Keeper son.

I think it's a little silly to call the era of Dino Gaudio the "Good Ol' Days." Most everybody agreed he needed to go. That plus the factual errors = meh.

I hope you realize, due to your inability to get any fact you put in your ad accurate, people are going to form a flawed opinion and want to get 2 Wake Forest legends fired. I hope you are sued.

I hope you realize, due to your inability to get any fact you put in your ad accurate, people are going to form a flawed opinion and want to get 2 Wake Forest legends fired. I hope you are sued.

who is this guy?

Back