• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I am so sick of this shit I can’t stand it!

Yep. Why can't we have nice things for our flagship program?! :mad:

RW out!

Wake is for rich white people. Wake is good at sports played by rich white people. The rich white people that influence who is and isn't Wake's AD, like RW.

In my experience, that is the perception of Wake to the general public. Any time a non Wake fan says, "Hurhur! weak florist suks at sports and stuff!" I respond with, "Thats not true! They are actually really good at everything other than basketball." Then when you bring up how good Wake is at soccer, tennis, golf and baseball, they respond with, "Of course they are good at the country club sports! bunch of rich kids!"

Why are there two teams in South Dakota better than us? Are cold white people good at basketball?

Why are there two teams in South Dakota better than us? Are cold white people good at basketball?

You ever played pick-up basketball with Alaskans? SURPRISINGLY GOOD!

I'm not saying Wake is bad at basketball because white people aren't good at it. I'm just saying that it seems like Wake focuses more resources to other sports. I don't see many tennis complexes as nice as Wake's. Soccer field is top notch and the new baseball stuff is amazing. I honestly have no idea how the golf facilities compare to other schools.

Last edited:
He would’ve been a great hire for us.

I read that VTs AD was formerly the AD (or something like that) at Marquette and he had a previous relationship with Williams. Lots of folks, at the time, that Buzz wasn’t going anywhere except the VT.

I read that VTs AD was formerly the AD (or something like that) at Marquette and he had a previous relationship with Williams. Lots of folks, at the time, that Buzz wasn’t going anywhere except the VT.

Whit Babcock was the AD at Cincinnati before going to VT. UC Coach Mick Cronin and Buzz are best friends. Buzz told Mick that he wanted out of Marquette and Mick hooked him up with Whit.

Whit Babcock was the AD at Cincinnati before going to VT. UC Coach Mick Cronin and Buzz are best friends. Buzz told Mick that he wanted out of Marquette and Mick hooked him up with Whit.

Thanks for clarifying, I knew there was some kind of specific connection that made the amazing VT hire a special case.

Really the most relevant comparison between Williams at VT and Manning at Wake, is that Williams and Manning has very similar problems that they took on and 3.5 season in Williams has done a far superior job.

I'm still of the opinion that what Manning is coaching the players to do is ok, and that the players aren't really capable of executing it very well. Last year when you Dinos and/or Collins posting up, and Dinos floating to the 3 pt line, and Arians capable of making a three, the scoring options were very good. This year, the inability of our guards to drive and finish at the rim against the half court defense, and very inconsistent 3pt shooting have left us with nothing to rely on for scoring except getting the ball inside to Doral. Go back to the last several games where the entry pass to the post or inside pass wasn't correctly made and there you have it. This team is totally unbalanced in a game where experts say it is guard oriented because our guards aren't a threat to get a lead, hold a lead, or win the game. The game we have to play with this roster is too difficult for our guards to accomplish because they don't make big plays when needed. Blame Manning's coaching if you want, but what options does he have with these players? All this would be different if our guards made key plays or shots, but they aren't. No Collins, no Dinos, no Arians isn't a good swap for a very improved Doral. Brandon, Woods, Wilbekin and Crawford don't have the complimentary game to carry the team we have now.

I'm still of the opinion that what Manning is coaching the players to do is ok, and that the players aren't really capable of executing it very well. Last year when you Dinos and/or Collins posting up, and Dinos floating to the 3 pt line, and Arians capable of making a three, the scoring options were very good. This year, the inability of our guards to drive and finish at the rim against the half court defense, and very inconsistent 3pt shooting have left us with nothing to rely on for scoring except getting the ball inside to Doral. Go back to the last several games where the entry pass to the post or inside pass wasn't correctly made and there you have it. This team is totally unbalanced in a game where experts say it is guard oriented because our guards aren't a threat to get a lead, hold a lead, or win the game. The game we have to play with this roster is too difficult for our guards to accomplish because they don't make big plays when needed. Blame Manning's coaching if you want, but what options does he have with these players? All this would be different if our guards made key plays or shots, but they aren't. No Collins, no Dinos, no Arians isn't a good swap for a very improved Doral. Brandon, Woods, Wilbekin and Crawford don't have the complimentary game to carry the team we have now.

How about playing some big guys that play defense. Seems to work whenever we try it based on the = - numbers.

VT & State are definitely are not out-talenting us. If you are waiting for perfect talent and perfect balance to evaluate Manning, he will get a perma-pass.

College coaches are payed to make things work with imperfect talent.

Well the shit is back. Another lead inside 4 minutes and blew it. Gave Danny some credit for the new offense and his substitutions in FSU game. Not today. Terrible substitutions and I think that had as much to do with the loss as anything. But just no offense after the 4 min timeout.

Danny needs to learn how to close out games. Right now, I don't think he knows how to do that, and so he can't teach his team how to do it.

Didn't see the whole game and I agree with most of the above. It just looked like Clemson executed (made shots) and Wake did not.

Back