• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I hope Forbes….

I think that while Forbes has an every man type vibe, he is an extremely disciplined and detailed coach
I also get the sense that, similar to his work in the portal and with putting together a team out of potentially disparate parts, Forbes has put together a very talented staff and lets them do what they're good at. He's a master at putting together a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.

That free throw shooting is huge and could be the difference between a win and a loss in some games. Some team leads the NCAA in that stat every year. Why not Wake this year? If the free shooting continues to be this good, late game leads will stretch or team's won't try to foul Wake.

I was a little surprised BC didn't foul in the last minute of the game.
I would change could to was and will be. We were 12-13 while BC was 15-22 for a 6 point diff. More importantly BC missed 2 FTs in last couple min that made all the diff. in the world. If they just make one of them it is still a one possession game after the Carr 3 and who knows what could have happened but instead it gave us freedom to press and push for the steal which Cam got. FTs was definitely a difference maker last night.

I would change could to was and will be. We were 12-13 while BC was 15-22 for a 6 point diff. More importantly BC missed 2 FTs in last couple min that made all the diff. in the world. If they just make one of them it is still a one possession game after the Carr 3 and who knows what could have happened but instead it gave us freedom to press and push for the steal which Cam got. FTs was definitely a difference maker last night.
Yeah. Wake's ability to make free throws may simply discouraged opposing coaches from trying to foul. Particularly when Wake has a seven footer who is good at making free throws.

The weave stuff we've been running lately has been fantastic - seems like that's a new part of the offense we're running early in games.

We just have so many ballhandlers who provide different set looks for us. Last night under the final 8 mins we had Hunter, Boopie, Parker, and Cam bring the ball up. That's impossible to try to trap or set a defense for if you don't even know who is playing the point.
The weave has produced some very open looks for three point shooters. In the VaTech game, Wakevran a nice weave that left Parker with the ball at the top of rhe key and nobody anywhere near him. Easy thre points.

Wake having multiple really good ball handlers not nicknamed "Boopie" is a nightmare for opposing teams. How do you defend when you don't know which guy is bringing the ball up court?

Back