• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I Just All Of A Sudden Stopped Listening To Music

Backspin is OK, but, yeah, they can get really heavy with the 80s stuff, and I have to be in the mood to listen to that - it's kind of repetitive. I think I heard them play Nelly on there the other day, though, so apparently they're expanding their playbook.

Nelly is old school now? Ouch.

I don't listen to any popular music either....and haven't for about 10 years. 99% of the time it's sports radio and the other 1% is on my phone or if I put in a cd. I wouldn't know any popular music of the past couple of years without the Pit. I still haven't heard that song from Frozen and I'm fine with that.

Last edited:
I don't listen to any popular music either....and haven't for about 10 years. 99% of the time it's sports radio and the other 1% is on my phone or if I put in a cd. I wouldn't know any popular music of the past couple of years without the Pit. I still haven't heard that song from Frozen, and I'm fine with that.

Let it go. Just let it go.

Being old never bothered you anyway.

LOL...I remember doing the same thing in law school, bringing laptop to school, hooking in to T1 line to pull stuff off limewire or bearshare or whatever it was, then burning it all to CDs.

wait. you're a lawyer? I didn't know that.

Still, its so much easier now to keep up. Takes little to no effort no matter what you preferred genre is. I remember living off campus at Wake and coming in to hook up in a class building to download mp3s and panny shows off a fraking FTP server, only to then have to burn those shows on to CD using a $150 8x burner that I hooked up to my Skinkpad. That was fucking dedication.

In some ways it is easier: it is easier to follow niche genres, keep up with artists in real time, and music portability is galaxies ahead of where it was. However, it's also really easy to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of stuff that is available and wading through the shit takes a lot of time. Tastemaking blogs are helpful, but they can be pretty narrow in scope or inconsistent in quality. There's an opportunity to spend hours and hours a week just listening to new stuff.

Back