• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I need some spice in my life (HOT SAUCE discussion)

Valentina is still likely my favorite and Tapatio is very good. Mexican style hot sauce >>>.

Puckerbutt has some really good and crazy hot ones, locally. Pretty sure it’s the same guy who “invented” the Carolina reaper pepper.

Not really a sauce, but Momofuku Chili Crunch is my new favorite add-on to noodles, roasted veggies, avocado toast, eggs...

This is one of my favorites, just opened a bottle at lunch today. I was a little worried years ago when Aleppo, Syria got razed, but the peppers had been propagated elsewhere thankfully

Yucateca has a cool deal on their website to pick out 6 different (full size) sauces for $24 + shipping. It comes out to like $5.50 per bottle, and they have rare varieties that I’ve never seen in stores.

I've been making my own over the last year with peppers from my patch.

The favorite seems to be an 'orange' variety that is a combination of (mostly) Solar Flare (an annuum variety whose seeds have been in orbit) and Pimenta Moranga Peach cross (a chinense). But if it's ripe(er) and orange in color, in it goes; so, sometimes that means some Nu-Mex Pumpkin Spice (an annuum jalapeño variety) goes in there as well.

I've been making a red one, too, which is largely chilis. It's a bit sweeter, naturally, and not quite as hot.

My favorites from last year were a South African White Fatalii and the Aji Lemon. I did not make sauce with them. Dehydrated a lot, and the Fataliis are used raw as a seasoning for the beef jerky I make.

'Bout to transplant this year's seedlings into 3 inch pots before they'll move in-ground in a month or so. I have approximately 65 plants.

Back