• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I need some spice in my life (HOT SAUCE discussion)

Texaspete will always be my standard go to hot sauce. But I do have some favorites for different occasions
Melinda's is good if you want a good kick to whatever you are eating. I mostly use it for sandwiches
Cholula or Sriracha for breakfast foods.
Valentina hot sauce for hispanic foods
I also use the tabasco chipotle sauce for sandwiches a lot too.
And I agree with the sentiment that someone else brought up that Pickapeppa is an underused hot sauce. It's makes for a great base for a sauce to baste baked chicken with.

If you want to try a good hot sauce you can't get in stores. Go to Lucky's Last Chance in Philadelphia and get the Inferno Burger. They use ghost chili extract hot sauce on that thing, it is actually a delicious sauce, but I tapped out about halfway through on that thing because it is too fucking hot.

I like Melinda's Original Naga Jolokia Pepper Sauce just a few drops add heat to any dish.

I like Sriracha occasionally, but in general I just don't enjoy the Thai chili paste sauces, they have a bitterness that I don't like adding to food. I much prefer sweet Carribean sauces made from fruits and scotch bonnett peppers, or dry Indian hot sauces and spices that are all heat and little flavor.

picked up a bottle of Zab’a and I’m way into it

also dig the Marie Sharps sauces

what are you people using these days?

My wife got me a pack of the 3 Hot Ones Classic variants I really enjoy. Haven’t tried any of the other brands featured on the show but always intrigued.

The green el yucateca is my go to hot sauce along with Texas Pete. Not a sauce, but the flat iron pepper flakes are amazing.

My wife got me a pack of the 3 Hot Ones Classic variants I really enjoy. Haven’t tried any of the other brands featured on the show but always intrigued.

I’m not a particular hot sauce connoisseur but I got a 3 pack with 1,5,10 sauces for Christmas. Obviously the first thing I did was eat a spoonful of the 10 to see how hot it was (it is quite hot).

The 1 sauce is pretty tasty, it’s the classic with like a ton of garlic. The 5 is not too hot and it’s sweet too, can immediately pick it out when I put it on a burrito or in chili. Both of those bottles are nearly gone. Now need to figure out what to do with the 10 sauce before it goes stale.

I’m not a particular hot sauce connoisseur but I got a 3 pack with 1,5,10 sauces for Christmas. Obviously the first thing I did was eat a spoonful of the 10 to see how hot it was (it is quite hot).

The 1 sauce is pretty tasty, it’s the classic with like a ton of garlic. The 5 is not too hot and it’s sweet too, can immediately pick it out when I put it on a burrito or in chili. Both of those bottles are nearly gone. Now need to figure out what to do with the 10 sauce before it goes stale.
Oh yeah my wife got me that box the year before. I guess I should say I haven’t had any of the non Hot Ones branded sauces. I have barely used The Last Dab. Put a bit in some soups and stuff.

I was like "hey a hot sauce thread!" and then I saw that I was the one that actually started it lol.

We stopped in the Pepper Palaces in Asheville and Helen. I like you can sample everything; anyway took way too big a spoonful of the horseradish and it shot a hole through the roof of my skull. I had aftershocks two hours later at lunch.

Bought both of these recently and recommend.

Djablo was a little hotter but liked the white rabbit flavor more. Both are pretty hot so I only use when I'm in the mood.

The hot sauce I use by far the most is the Yellowbird Serrano. Isn't nearly as spicy as the ones above but has a great kick and it's very acidic/limey which I like. Put in on everything. Pretty sure most grocery stores have Yellowbird hot sauces now. Their agave sriracha tastes exactly like the original sriracha.

We stopped in the Pepper Palaces in Asheville and Helen. I like you can sample everything; anyway took way too big a spoonful of the horseradish and it shot a hole through the roof of my skull. I had aftershocks two hours later at lunch.
Pepper Palace is the spot. Always spend way too much money there.

Currently powering through a Cholula medley of OG, green pepper, and chipotle. The chipotle always slaps.

Last night this thread got me hungry so I made a quesadilla and opened a new PEPPER PALACE sauce. It was among the hottest I've had and I was hiccuping and eyeballs sweating. Needed to pour on a different bottle of hot sauce to cool it off

Back