• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I suggest TC and Fields should swap roles. RJ throws a hissy fit.

No need for this type of thread.

Totally agree. He's made some poor decisions at times (ironically, none as poor as starting this thread), but at least he's playing hard and taking some initiative. He'll learn to reign it in as he matures. He'll be a solid player for us, even if he ultimately ends up behind CMM.

Coach needs to sit after a serious glarring mistake. This is the tried and true way players grow and learn. For me, the 2nd or 3rd drive with attempted shots that were blocked would have been a good time. 6'1" players can rarely shoot over 6'7" players inside. Another time is driving the baseline out-of-bounds. This happens way to often especially for a PG.

For all the people getting their panties in a bunch over a "call-out," give me a fucking break. It's a message board, the dude is playing terrible, he deserves to be called out. I think even he would admit as much (unless he is delusional). He's a college athlete, I think he can take a little criticism (though, somehow I feel he doesn't read this message board). I was just trying to start up a conversation on why TC has been so bad, and gave it a title that reflected how poor he has been. Some people need to stop being offended by stuff on a goddamn message board. I recall Okoro getting smashed in thread after thread during football season. This shit happens. If someone is playing like donkey shit, then you let them know, and hopefully they can man the fuck up, grow a brain, and start playing better.

O that makes sense. I misread and thought he was saying Fields would be 4th best.

I think Fields and TC are kind of interchangeable at 4th best. I'm a pragmatist when it comes to TC. I honestly don't think Fields is that much better and I think TC is more helpful offensively relative to the personnel we start. I realize he sucks, can't shoot, and has limited court sense, but that's just where we are. Fields doesn't attack the basket at all; he's more patient and on this team, that = last year's perimeter offense nightmares.

Like I mentioned earlier, not sure TC even has a scholarship on a UK or a UNC, but he'd be a solid back-up for a lot of good mid-majors and solid high-majors.

I don't think this needs much explanation. Dude just looks lost out there and makes boneheaded play after boneheaded play. Fields came in and ran the offense nicely and got us back in the game. I see no reason why the two shouldn't swap roles.

This is most moronic post EVER made on any Wake board about sports.

It's stupid beyond any rationality.

Please tell me you are not including Rountree as a PG.

He will be the primary ballhandler (whether you call him a PG or not) for 5-10 mpg by the end of the year. We'll have Tree driving with two of CJ/Codi/Chase spotting up for threes.

This also gives Travis, Moto, Carso nand Devin more freedom on offense.

This is most moronic post EVER made on any Wake board about sports.

It's stupid beyond any rationality.

Ha, stop deflecting your own stupidity on to others. You were the one that was prepared to bet your life on the fact that TC would be a great player for us. He is not even good. I saw much more potential out of Fields yesterday than I did TC. It seems like after the third time you run aimlessly in to the lane and flip up a lay-up just to get it batted the fuck away that you would learn, hmmm, maybe I shouldn't do that anymore. But no, that happens at least 4 or 5 times a game with him. He's just not a smart player, and I don't see how anyone could realistically say he his.

I'm guessing he's considering the following hierarchy:

1. CMM
2. CJ
3. Fields
4. TC

It will be:

1. Codi 25+mpg
2. TC 8-10mpg
3. Tree (primary ballhandler 5-10mpg w/Codi/CJ/.Chase spotting up- and at times with one of them when we trap press with Moto)
4. CJ in emergencies or with Chase to get to the foul line to protect leads
5. Fields

Ha, stop deflecting your own stupidity on to others. You were the one that was prepared to bet your life on the fact that TC would be a great player for us. He is not even good. I saw much more potential out of Fields yesterday than I did TC. It seems like after the third time you run aimlessly in to the lane and flip up a lay-up just to get it batted the fuck away that you would learn, hmmm, maybe I shouldn't do that anymore. But no, that happens at least 4 or 5 times a game with him. He's just not a smart player, and I don't see how anyone could realistically say he his.

NEVER EVER said that.

I said he'd be a solid ACC PG. He's not qwuite that good.

I missed by a little.

If you UNDERSTOOD the offense, you'd'd realize that part of his drives are set for Carson or Green or Travis to dive behind him for lay-ups.

If you didn;'t hate TC with such venom, you could pick out at least one or two drops per game by the bigs. There would be more passes if the bigs converted those each opportunities.

anyone who knows the game and has watcheds our first games knows TC has outplayed Fields and it isn't close.

NEVER EVER said that.

I said he'd be a solid ACC PG. He's not qwuite that good.

I missed by a little.

If you UNDERSTOOD the offense, you'd'd realize that part of his drives are set for Carson or Green or Travis to dive behind him for lay-ups.

If you didn;'t hate TC with such venom, you could pick out at least one or two drops per game by the bigs. There would be more passes if the bigs converted those each opportunities.

anyone who knows the game and has watcheds our first games knows TC has outplayed Fields and it isn't close.
I do understand the offense. I realize the big man play is not up to par, and I will give TC a little leeway here. But, he has got to try to do something else when he drives and nothing is there. Dribble the ball back out. Stop before he gets in too deep and make a pass back out to the perimeter. He's had enough playing time to realize that he CAN NOT finish unless he has a wide open layup. He has to evolve his game instead of doing the exact same thing every time he gets into the lane.

And I don't hate TC. I like every player on this roster. I would just like to see Fields get in there a little more because I think he gives us a different look on the offensive end, and his defense is far superior to TC's. How any times this year has TC just stood at the top of the key ballwatching as his man gets open for a three? I can think of a couple times int he Nebraska game, and one glaring example from the Richmond game that pretty much wrapped up the game for them.

Fields has 15 assists on the year, TC has 19. And yet TC has doubled him up in playing time. I think that gap in PT needs to shrink.

Man you've backpedaled faster than I've ever seen. You've gone from never play again to swap roles to narrow pt gap in the span of two pages.

Man you've backpedaled faster than I've ever seen. You've gone from never play again to swap roles to narrow pt gap in the span of two pages.

By P4, maybe he'll be saying with some changes TC could be All-ACC :)

TC is RJ's pet, so he is going to make excuses for his lackluster play where he would crucify others in the exact same position.

By P4, maybe he'll be saying with some changes TC could be All-ACC :)

You both are All-ACC back peddlers. Get over it.

This post is ridiculous, the logic is ridiculous, and all of the posters, myself included, are ridiculous for even humoring and facilitating its growth. I'm out.

I do understand the offense. I realize the big man play is not up to par, and I will give TC a little leeway here. But, he has got to try to do something else when he drives and nothing is there. Dribble the ball back out. Stop before he gets in too deep and make a pass back out to the perimeter. He's had enough playing time to realize that he CAN NOT finish unless he has a wide open layup. He has to evolve his game instead of doing the exact same thing every time he gets into the lane.

If our bigs did what they are supposed to do this would fix itself. If they caught and finished some of the passes he has made, the lanes would be open more for TC.

And I don't hate TC. I like every player on this roster. I would just like to see Fields get in there a little more because I think he gives us a different look on the offensive end, and his defense is far superior to TC's. How any times this year has TC just stood at the top of the key ballwatching as his man gets open for a three? I can think of a couple times int he Nebraska game, and one glaring example from the Richmond game that pretty much wrapped up the game for them.

Whne yo ustart threads like this one and make posts during games like you do, the logical deduction is that you hate TC. This thread and most of your psot are totally irrational.

Fields has 15 assists on the year, TC has 19. And yet TC has doubled him up in playing time. I think that gap in PT needs to shrink.

TC loses multiple assists each night on bigs not doing their jobs. Hell he lost 2-3 vs. TT alone on lay-ups that bigs missed. Against Dayrton he hit guys for many open shots that were missed. The reality is the team clealry looks to TC as their leader with the ball.

THE VERY LEAST YOU SHOULD DO IS CHANGE THE NAME NAME OF THIS THREAD AND APOLOGIZE FOR GOING SO FAR OVERBOARD.

The name of the thread was never meant to be taken literally. I know it's not feasible to NEVER play him again, because we don't have the bodies to do it. Hell, even in the first post of the thread I was advocating for TC and Fields to swap roles. The title of the thread is merely an outlet for how frustrated I was with TC's play, it was never meant to be taken literally. But I guess that's lost on most readers on these boards who take everything at face value.

Back