• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I Will Be Rooting For A Clemson Win Tonight

Let's Go Clemson?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
37% hoping that the Fightin' [Redacted]'s lose tonight so far. Much higher than I anticipated.

I would like us to go on a mini run at the end of the year to try and make the job look more attractive to coaching candidates. Do you really think Shaka or Marshall would be all that excited about taking over a team that ends the year on a 12 game losing streak? At the same time, however, I don't want to give Ron any ammunition whatsoever for bringing Buzz is back. Such a terribly conflicting feeling to have. Just end the nightmare.

Pulling for Wake to win because like I said three weeks ago, it doesn't matter if I pull for them or not [Redacted] is so bad we're going to lose most games anyway.

I certainly have rooted against us in the past, but I cannot possible imagine how winning or losing this game would have any effect on [Redacted]'s future. Since it doesn't matter either way...Go Deacs.

Pulling for Wake to win because like I said three weeks ago, it doesn't matter if I pull for them or not [Redacted] is so bad we're going to lose most games anyway.

Indeed. I'd happily trade Wake not winning a game to find out that I have the power to influence the outcome of the game. I might go out and buy some overalls to celebrate.

If we lose tonight I will start the Jeff [Redacted] trivia/scavenger hunt. Entry fee is $30, and teams of 3 competing in Jeff [Redacted] related trivia

1) What is Jeff [Redacted]'s record ATS on Tuesdays
2) How many unique ties has Jeff [Redacted] worn in illustrious Wake Forest tenure (with photo evidence)
3) Photo with Jeff [Redacted] in his last days (bonus points if you can get a #bzzOUT logo in the picture)

I won't actively root against Wake, but I am so numb to losses these days it doesn't even phase me. Wins are just surprises.

If we won all 4 remaining games, including home vs. Duke, then I'd say we have cause to be worried about next year. Otherwise, I really don't think it matters at this point; we're 14-13 (4-10), and even optimistically will only finish something like 16-15 (6-12). If Wellman retains [Redacted] after a 4th season along those lines, then I'm quitting this sh*t and whoever our coach is in 14-15 doesn't matter anyway.

If we won all 4 remaining games, including home vs. Duke, then I'd say we have cause to be worried about next year. Otherwise, I really don't think it matters at this point; we're 14-13 (4-10), and even optimistically will only finish something like 16-15 (6-12). If Wellman retains [Redacted] after a 4th season along those lines, then I'm quitting this sh*t and whoever our coach is in 14-15 doesn't matter anyway.

This is about where I'm at. I wouldn't ever pull against us, though. If he's staying, he's staying regardless of the rest of the season.

sooooooooooooooooooooo close to 40%

40% of Wake's most die hard fans (who answered the poll) are rooting for Wake TO LOSE!

think about that for a second Papa John

By pulling for Wake to lose tonight, you're rooting for success down the road.

I will not watch the game, and I will not be surprised to read about our loss in the morning.

If we lose tonight I will start the Jeff [Redacted] trivia/scavenger hunt. Entry fee is $30, and teams of 3 competing in Jeff [Redacted] related trivia

1) What is Jeff [Redacted]'s record ATS on Tuesdays
2) How many unique ties has Jeff [Redacted] worn in illustrious Wake Forest tenure (with photo evidence)
3) Photo with Jeff [Redacted] in his last days (bonus points if you can get a #bzzOUT logo in the picture)

Someone needs to make #3 happen with the bonus points. It is mean-spirited and completely unnecessary but who really cares at this point?

I'm not going to root for a loss thinking it will lead to a greater probability of Buzz's firing.

There's even a lot of people on the sunshine Scout board rooting for the Tiggers tonight.

Back